+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Giants must try white pants again...

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    Personally I like the NY logo more.
    Me too. I was so happy when we returned to the classic NY logo. I understand why people may like the GIANTS logo due to the late 80s/early 90s teams that finally took us to the promise land, but they just never did it for me like the NY does.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Keep the ny. "Giants" was a fashion fad. Like when MLB went to those awful softball looking uni's in the late 70's and 80's. The Giants have a classic uniform. Let's use white pants or "Giants" logo as throwbacks a couple times a year.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    Keep the ny. "Giants" was a fashion fad. Like when MLB went to those awful softball looking uni's in the late 70's and 80's. The Giants have a classic uniform. Let's use white pants or "Giants" logo as throwbacks a couple times a year.
    The whole reason "GIANTS" was a thing was because Ed Koch was and is, in the eyes of anyone from outside NYC itself, a flaming ******* who hated NJ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    I like the GIANTS logo. The Jets also play in NY so it's not like we're the only NY team
    They have their own version of it and they use uppercase.

They also have NY in their primary logo

And it's not like there's no precedent for two teams having NY in their logo

Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    The NJ Sports and Exposition Authority, which owned Giants Stadium (not the Giants) wouldn't allow any "NY" on the field or on the uniforms that's why they had to switch to GIANTS. They allowed the throwback "ny" uniforms in 2000 but still nothing on the field. Only in the final years of Giants Stadium did they relent and allow "ny" in the end zones.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    The whole reason "GIANTS" was a thing was because Ed Koch was and is, in the eyes of anyone from outside NYC itself, a flaming ******* who hated NJ...
    Ed Krotch wouldn't allow the Giants a parade in NYC, he was very bitter that they went to the Meadowlands (although I don't remember Ed being helpful in getting a football stadium built in NYC before that). He bitterly told them to go hold a parade in the parking lot.

SOOOOO glad Bloomberg allowed parades for the 07 and 11 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    Ed Krotch wouldn't allow the Giants a parade in NYC, he was very bitter that they went to the Meadowlands (although I don't remember Ed being helpful in getting a football stadium built in NYC before that). He bitterly told them to go hold a parade in the parking lot.

SOOOOO glad Bloomberg allowed parades for the 07 and 11 teams.
    I seem to remember "They can parade in front of the oil drums in Moonachie"... I wasn't alive at the time but I remember seeing an article that had him saying that.

Giants could have easily stayed in NYC if they had some help (NEWS FLASH: land in NYC is bloody expensive), but nope...

Actually, in retrospect, it's good the Giants moved out of the city. Otherwise I might have grown up as (*blech*) a Jets fan...
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 01-28-2013 at 08:34 AM.

Return of the "Giants" logo?........Absolutely NOT!!! (NY logo is classic)
    Return to white pants?..........Absolutely YES!!! (grey pants are horrible)
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Boada View Post
    I love our current uniform, but watching the Pro bowl today I think is time for a little change.
    Imagine the white pants again, would look awesome in home and away fashion...
    And with this thread, consider the offseason message board topics of irrelevance officially kicked off!

I dunno... white would make it harder to get the stains out once the team starts ****ting itself during the second half of the season.

+ Reply to Thread