+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

A lot of mocks I'm seeing on the web now have us taking DJ Fluker at 19

Anyone know anything about this guy? I know he's OT from Bama so he should be good and fits a heavy need on our offense, but I haven't actually read much info on him. Another pro-ready OT would be definitely nice in round 1...

PS: said mocks have Warmack going between 8-10, Joeckel at 1-5, Ogletree, Te'o, and Ansah past us in the 20s.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Anyone know anything about this guy? I know he's OT from Bama so he should be good and fits a heavy need on our offense, but I haven't actually read much info on him. Another pro-ready OT would be definitely nice in round 1...

PS: said mocks have Warmack going between 8-10, Joeckel at 1-5, Ogletree, Te'o, and Ansah past us in the 20s.
    Flunker to me is a late first round pick , but that solely depends on how many tackles go in the first 15 picks.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

We can do much better than a pure RT at #19 overall. I don't see an OL selection happening in the 1st unless we lose Beatty.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    We can do much better than a pure RT at #19 overall. I don't see an OL selection happening in the 1st unless we lose Beatty.
    He might not even be a RT , He might be a Guard. I dont see him as a 1st round pick. The only Alabama lineman that I think is a 1st rounder is Warmack.
    I really wonder what the Giants FO is thinking about Marvin Austin. If they think he has no future they might go DT. This Dline needs some help bad. Im worried that they may wait another year and by then the bottom might totally fall out. If they dont add youth and Tuck has nothing left, Osi leaves in FA, Austin is a bust, Ojomo and Tracy arent anything but depth U will have serious issuess with Joseph and JPP becoming FA's. U could be left in total rebuild mold

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    He might not even be a RT , He might be a Guard. I dont see him as a 1st round pick. The only Alabama lineman that I think is a 1st rounder is Warmack.
    I really wonder what the Giants FO is thinking about Marvin Austin. If they think he has no future they might go DT. This Dline needs some help bad. Im worried that they may wait another year and by then the bottom might totally fall out. If they dont add youth and Tuck has nothing left, Osi leaves in FA, Austin is a bust, Ojomo and Tracy arent anything but depth U will have serious issuess with Joseph and JPP becoming FA's. U could be left in total rebuild mold
    It would depend on the offense but a run first team that primarily depends on short to intermediate passing routes could probably get away with Fluker at RT. With the Giants offense using deep passes so often, you need a RT that can hold up in pass protection for an extended period of time and Fluker looks like the type to get eaten alive by pass rushers at the next level on those kinds of downs. We might as well just stick with Brewer who already has 2 years in our system and when you get down to it, is Fluker really that much of an upgrade?

You just don't take an OL player in the 1st with so many needs unless it's a LT or a "can't miss" sort of prospect at another position like some think Warmack is at G. We could use some more interior OL depth but the front 7 on defense should be the biggest priority.

I saw what Eli Manning with some actual time to throw can do last night.
    It was the Pro Bowl though man. You saw the cushions the DBs were giving them right? Anyway, we can upgrade our offense all we want but we're not going to be able to stand up to even better offenses if we fail to get a pass rush on them or get owned by runs to the side because our linebackers fail to get there in time.
    Last edited by TheEnigma; 01-28-2013 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TomCat_FIN View Post
    We need a linebacker in the 1st round, IMO.
    I saw what Eli Manning with some actual time to throw can do last night. I'm now 100% convinced that we NEEEEEEEEEED O-line first. Not saying this Fluker guy is the answer by any means, but we absolutely need OL, especially at RT. Diehl is plain bad now, and apparently Brewer is worse because he couldn't crack the lineup even with aforementioned Diehl in there...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

I saw what Eli Manning with some actual time to throw can do last night. I'm now 100% convinced that we NEEEEEEEEEED O-line first. Not saying this Fluker guy is the answer by any means, but we absolutely need OL, especially at RT. Diehl is plain bad now, and apparently Brewer is worse because he couldn't crack the lineup even with aforementioned Diehl in there...
    So let me get this straight.....You are using a Pro Bowl performance with non existent defense to draw your conclusions about what Eli could use?

Just checking.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

I agree. Our offense struggled at the end of last year and a big, ready to start OT would significantly help our run and pass game next year. The guy I like is Lane Johnson.

I'm not sure that a LB or DT would have the same impact on our defense next year. It's possible, though, that a pro-ready DE could have a big impact on our defense, although I'm not sure that a guy like that would be available at 19.

Starter
    We need a linebacker in the 1st round, IMO.

He's an exclusive RT who needs to work on his pass protection. Plus the Giants don't usually go for that stacked figure. They'd probably prefer someone who can move at the next level opposed to a drive blocker.