+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A lot of mocks I'm seeing on the web now have us taking DJ Fluker at 19

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    No way we take DJ Fluker at 19overall.. He could end up being a Guard , as hes kinda the plodding type, and at best, hes a run blocking RT.. I don't know how many mocks have em going in rd 1? Most i 've seen, have em going mid 2nd to late 2nd... Only oline i could stomach in RD1 is Eric Fisher, Lane Johnson, and Chance Warmack.. Warmack only because hes so good, and such a safe bet , as Fluker isn't even a safe bet... He has some bust concerns as well.. Will his weight be able to stay under control? Will he be able to move well enough to stay at RT? Will he be able to pass block good enough against talented NFL caliber ends? I don't trust em, to be honest.. He seemed to be the one that got blown by the most outta the bama olineman this past yr.. I just don't like nor trust DJ Fluker..
    Those 3 are the only 1's I like as well. we dont know how much the Giants like James Brewer. They may be planning on going with him at RT next season .

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Jones has questionable athleticism (I personally think he will be fine) at the next level but should still be able to play every position on the OL except LT. He's a smart, hardworking kid who gets by with technique and should be a 2nd rounder in the draft.
    I say if he is still there when we pick in second round we would need to seriously think about taking him
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I saw what Eli Manning with some actual time to throw can do last night. I'm now 100% convinced that we NEEEEEEEEEED O-line first. Not saying this Fluker guy is the answer by any means, but we absolutely need OL, especially at RT. Diehl is plain bad now, and apparently Brewer is worse because he couldn't crack the lineup even with aforementioned Diehl in there...
    I agree. Our offense struggled at the end of last year and a big, ready to start OT would significantly help our run and pass game next year. The guy I like is Lane Johnson.

I'm not sure that a LB or DT would have the same impact on our defense next year. It's possible, though, that a pro-ready DE could have a big impact on our defense, although I'm not sure that a guy like that would be available at 19.

If we come away with one of Alec Ogletree, Ez Ansah, Alex Okafor, Kawaan Short, Lane Johnson, or Chance Warmack, i will be happy and content.. Obviously a player could fall which would make me happy as well, but overall, those are the guys that would make me most happy..

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Those 3 are the only 1's I like as well. we dont know how much the Giants like James Brewer. They may be planning on going with him at RT next season .
    Ya , its kinda funny how sometimes we draft a guy adn people all expect it to be a couple yrs before we get a return on our investment, and then when the guy dosen't do anything or much in the couple yrs waiting for the return, we all think hes a bust..lol It really dosen't make much sense?

I loved Brewer as a prospect, and still think if hes given the reigns he could be our answer.. Long arms, moves pretty well for a guy his size, good long frame and mass, and fairly athletic.. But he was a raw propsect, and this would be the yr we would know for sure what we got, as this would be the yr u would of thought him to get his chance.. So , all that said, i think were kinda overlooking Brewer, and even though i mock a RT to us at times, mostly its due to giving Brewer Competiton, except in regards to Fisher and L.Johnson, becasue i just believe they are that good of prospects...

+ Reply to Thread