+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Percy Harvin 2.0

Percy Harvin 2.0

What do you guys think of Denard Robinson in the 5th? He obviously has no experience as a WR, but he is an electric player with the ball in his hands. Speaking of his hands, they're 10 inches! At 5'11" 196lbs, he has good size to be a slot receiver and can even play running back hence the title PH 2.0. Robinson has gamebreaking 4.3 speed and could really be that X Factor type player that could take this offense to the next level. With Wilson hopefully taking the majority of the carries at RB next year, the coaches may remove him from kick returning duties which is another area Robinson could excel in. Seems like a low risk high reward pick to me. Might even light a fire under JJ's you know what. Thoughts?

I would love him but I am a big Denard fan as well as a Michigan fan. Kid is amazing at setting up blocks and his burst is crazy. dont think he fits with the Giants

Quote Originally Posted by GOBLUE24 View Post
    I would love him but I am a big Denard fan as well as a Michigan fan. Kid is amazing at setting up blocks and his burst is crazy. dont think he fits with the Giants
    Other than the fact that I don't think Gilbride is creative enough to utilize his skillset, I think he would fit well. Like I said with Wilson most likely no longer returning kicks, Robinson could provide a similar impact in that phase of the game. They also drafted a similar athlete to Robinson in Jernigan who, while obviously is a more polished receiver, doesn't have the size or open field ability or trick-play passing ability that Robinson has. Which is saying something because Jernigan is very fast and elusive. Besides what have the Giants done with any late round picks anyway? Might be worth the risk.

Seems like a future Saint or Patriot to me if they can grab this kid in a later round. They love offensive players who offer all sorts of versatility on the offense and he could probably take over the slot role for the Patriots if he had two good solid years to develop.

I'd take 7th rounder flyer on him..

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I'd take 7th rounder flyer on him..
    He won't last that long on athleticism alone. You don't think a dynamic playmaker is worth a 5th?

Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    He won't last that long on athleticism alone. You don't think a dynamic playmaker is worth a 5th?
    a 5th sure.. if he had a position..

I think I'd rather give Russell Shepard a shot (also a QB turned WR). He never quite found his fit at LSU but has some similar attributes as Robinson and could be picked up late in the draft as well. Could be a killer return man.

I agree a 100% w killbride not being skilled enough to utilize him. It would give the giants a major threat and a whole new dimension to this offense. When combine is over he will be a 2nd round pick as long as nerve issue is resolved. This guy is very much like CJohnson in stature and speed.

Banned
    Where would he fit into our offense? We are set in the slot with Cruz, I like Robinson but I would think he would just waste away on this team.

+ Reply to Thread