+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    He was the best defensive player in SB46? He got pushed into Brady causing an intentional grounding in the endzone, and got a big sack on the Pats last possession. There were a lot of huge plays in the SB. Chase Blackburn had a few big plays. JPP batted 2 balls and made a few big tackle's for losses. Even Aaron Ross made some big plays. And even with all of that, if Wes Welker makes that catch, there is a very good chance we don't win that game. Tuck certainly didn't win us the game in SB46.
    There's a difference between saying he won the game for us and saying we probably wouldn't have won it without him.

As to SB46, we also probably don't get there without him.

We obviously have a difference of opinion on this. If you want bash the guy, continue on. Just find it real strange how fast people turn on a guy who was an important part (at the least) of a SB champion just last year. But to each his own I guess.

All-Pro
    He was the best defensive player in SB46? He got pushed into Brady causing an intentional grounding in the endzone, and got a big sack on the Pats last possession. There were a lot of huge plays in the SB. Chase Blackburn had a few big plays. JPP batted 2 balls and made a few big tackle's for losses. Even Aaron Ross made some big plays. And even with all of that, if Wes Welker makes that catch, there is a very good chance we don't win that game. Tuck certainly didn't win us the game in SB46.
    Lol. So now he was lucky to force that intentional grounding? Look, he has not played well the past two regular seasons but he was absolutely a force in the post season. You chose two plays that where extremely important plays to try and down play his game and also forget the rest of his game.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    There's a difference between saying he won the game for us and saying we probably wouldn't have won it without him.

As to SB46, we also probably don't get there without him.

We obviously have a difference of opinion on this. If you want bash the guy, continue on. Just find it real strange how fast people turn on a guy who was an important part (at the least) of a SB champion just last year. But to each his own I guess.
    I'm not trying to bash him, He was one of my favorite players. I just don't want to hear how he thinks with the right preparation he can get back to old form.. If it's something he thinks he can controll than why didn't he do it last year. just tired of the talk out of him. Shut up and show us on the field.

Tuck and Osi have both slowed down. I don't think effort was the problem because Coughlin can get that out of anyone. They are at a position where small decreases in ability can have drastic effects to your on field performance. Not everyone is Strahan. Tuck has lost it physically and this season it seemed mentally too. Osi is showing he is losing it physically as well.

And by the way, a lot of guys that were important parts of SB's get bashed around here. See: Osi, Webster, Ross, Deihl, Manningham, Jacobs,

I'm not trying to bash him, He was one of my favorite players. I just don't want to hear how he thinks with the right preparation he can get back to old form.. If it's something he thinks he can controll than why didn't he do it last year. just tired of the talk out of him. Shut up and show us on the field.
    IMO the guy is obviously frustrated and just can't admit that his body won't stand up to being an every down player in the NFL anymore, so he keeps telling himself that if he just keeps working harder and harder he'll somehow find the fountain of youth. I actually feel bad for him.

I'd rather have him take the approach he's taking than to just give up and ride out the last year of his deal.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    IMO the guy is obviously frustrated and just can't admit that his body won't stand up to being an every down player in the NFL anymore, so he keeps telling himself that if he just keeps working harder and harder he'll somehow find the fountain of youth. I actually feel bad for him.I'd rather have him take the approach he's taking than to just give up and ride out the last year of his deal.
    Feeling bad and trying to find the fountain of youth doesnt help the defense out. Tuck is a good player, but I don't expect him to be the Tuck of old. I'm just going by from what I've seen.
    I thought we had something special!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Lol. So now he was lucky to force that intentional grounding? Look, he has not played well the past two regular seasons but he was absolutely a force in the post season. You chose two plays that where extremely important plays to try and down play his game and also forget the rest of his game.
    I never said he didn't play well, in the SB. I was simply stating that there were alot of players that stepped up. I refuse to give Tuck all the credit for the SB and I still think we could've won without him. That's all. I'm rooting for him. I want him to succeed. I just don't want to hear from him anymore. Just do what you have to do in the off season, and show us next year.

All-Pro
    Never said he was the ONLY reason why they won either. Just that he was the best defensive player of that game. The entire team played well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Feeling bad and trying to find the fountain of youth doesnt help the defense out. Tuck is a good player, but I don't expect him to be the Tuck of old. I'm just going by from what I've seen.
    Nor do I.