+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 Wide Magic Could Return Next Year!

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    If we resign Cruz, and Nicks comes back healthy, then the continuing development of Randle could give us that 3 WR set magic that proved invaluable in our SB run. I think all 3 can be home run threats on any given play. That is what made us so dangerous on offense in 2011. Led by Eli, the Bomb Squad could be in full effect again in 2013.
    We NEED good backups for our starting WR. We learned this this year!

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    If we resign Cruz, and Nicks comes back healthy, then the continuing development of Randle could give us that 3 WR set magic that proved invaluable in our SB run. I think all 3 can be home run threats on any given play. That is what made us so dangerous on offense in 2011. Led by Eli, the Bomb Squad could be in full effect again in 2013.
    We also need an OL that can give Eli some additional time.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    HAHAHA And now the water buckets on our fire of enthusiasm. Just kidding. We know we have gaps that need to be filled first, but its fun to think of the possibilities. We do have a lot of weapons. I thought we were just talking wide out options. The firepower on this team is significant and formidable, if we can use it right.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    I love Nicks and all. But I hope Randle shows he's got the goods so we don't have to spend $$ and resign him.
    Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    That would be a horrible scenario if he wasn't re-signed.
    How do you plan on paying everyone else? Most teams don't payout for 2 WRs for a reason.

How do you plan on paying everyone else? Most teams don't payout for 2 WRs for a reason.
    He's under contract for another season and by the time the 2014 season comes along a lot of the big veteran contracts the Giants currently have won't be here or will be heavily re-structered. Boley, Canty, Webster, Deihl, Rolle, Tuck, Osi (Osi this year). The Giants should be in better against the cap by then. In reality, the Giants can't really afford to keep losing their top talent. If they lose Phillips this year and Nicks next year then the Giants front office will be majorly suspect IMO because they can't afford to pay their top talent and 1st round draft picks.

Hopefully a lot of these pre-CBA over paid contracts are gone by then and Reese can can better manage the talent.

Not so fast, I believe Jenigan will be in the picture. it was very evident the Giants plan on him being part of the future. I believe in at least two games at the end of the year JJ saw the field BEFORE Randle. JJ also obviously passed Barden on the depth chart. I believe there will be 4 different WR that will interchange with the 3 wide. JJ will be one of them. Just an opinion, we all got em.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    Throw in splitting Wilson out, and it would really put a strain on an opponents secondary. Thats 4 guys who can take it to the house from anywhere on the field.
    with all this talk about Nicks and Cruz I forgot about Wilson. Wilson, Nicks, Cruz, Randle, and Bennett will be an awesome combination.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    He's under contract for another season and by the time the 2014 season comes along a lot of the big veteran contracts the Giants currently have won't be here or will be heavily re-structered. Boley, Canty, Webster, Deihl, Rolle, Tuck, Osi (Osi this year). The Giants should be in better against the cap by then. In reality, the Giants can't really afford to keep losing their top talent. If they lose Phillips this year and Nicks next year then the Giants front office will be majorly suspect IMO because they can't afford to pay their top talent and 1st round draft picks.

Hopefully a lot of these pre-CBA over paid contracts are gone by then and Reese can can better manage the talent.
    It's impossible to retain all, or even most of your talent these days. JPP will warrant a monster contract. Joseph could get around 8 million a year. Philips will get 5+ million. Nicks - if healthy 8-10 million. Add on top of Eli's 20 million cap hit. What do you want to do next? that's like what a third of our cap eaten up by 4 players?

No. Good front offices let people walk and replace them with cheaper alternatives. It's all about value these days and less about "retaining talent". If you try and retain all your talent, you'll be broke after 8 players.

It's impossible to retain all, or even most of your talent these days. JPP will warrant a monster contract. Joseph could get around 8 million a year. Philips will get 5+ million. Nicks - if healthy 8-10 million. Add on top of Eli's 20 million cap hit. What do you want to do next? that's like what a third of our cap eaten up by 4 players?

No. Good front offices let people walk and replace them with cheaper alternatives. It's all about value these days and less about "retaining talent". If you try and retain all your talent, you'll be broke after 8 players.
    I'm not saying Phillips will stay...I'm saying if they lose both him AND Nicks then they're are not wisely attaining their talent. Joseph won't get 8 million a year...sorry, no. Cofield didn't even get that on the Redskins and they over pay everyone. Your are right about JPP though and he'll be the biggest obstacle. Good news about him is he's not an UFA till 2015. Those guys are further down the road anyway. The new CBA is very helpful in not over spending on draft picks anyway so once the Giants clear most of the pre-CBA bs there will be a lot more room to maneuver.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    We need better play at Tackle to give him better opportunities...
    agree, until we get a RT who can block then Bennett will be more of a blocker than receiver..

+ Reply to Thread