+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3 Wide Magic Could Return Next Year!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    How do you plan on paying everyone else? Most teams don't payout for 2 WRs for a reason.
    That's one big reason why most teams don't win the super bowl. When you have three quality WR's, it's much harder on the defense. As Belichek said in the Super Bowl, "double Cruz and Nicks and make Manningham beat us". Manningham beat them.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    That's one big reason why most teams don't win the super bowl. When you have three quality WR's, it's much harder on the defense. As Belichek said in the Super Bowl, "double Cruz and Nicks and make Manningham beat us". Manningham beat them.
    ^^ This

i agree. but i also think gumbys point is true to an extent. its not like we're trying to keep 2 calvin johnsons tho, we're trying to keep 2 wr's who've played solely with eli manning...elis made a lot of wrs look good remember, whose to say that nicks n cruz dont reach the same level playing for another qb?

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    How do you plan on paying everyone else? Most teams don't payout for 2 WRs for a reason.
    What about the oline? What about the dline? What good is having 2 high paid WRs if you don't have time to throw? This doesn't include our defense being pretty awful. Most teams who have multiple good WRS have one main "high paid stud guy" and the rest are on their rookie contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I'm not saying Phillips will stay...I'm saying if they lose both him AND Nicks then they're are not wisely attaining their talent. Joseph won't get 8 million a year...sorry, no. Cofield didn't even get that on the Redskins and they over pay everyone. Your are right about JPP though and he'll be the biggest obstacle. Good news about him is he's not an UFA till 2015. Those guys are further down the road anyway. The new CBA is very helpful in not over spending on draft picks anyway so once the Giants clear most of the pre-CBA bs there will be a lot more room to maneuver.
    I think Cofield got 8 million a year on the skins. Gibril Wilson made 5 million. KP will command just as much. Nicks if healhty will command god knows how much. Let's say 10 million. So between KP and Nicks let's say it's 16 million. That's a lot of money. You can buy a solid offensive line what that money. Or 2 stud olinemen. I'd argue that a solid oline that gives us a running game and gives Eli all day to throw is worth more than 2 players. We can do a lot with 16 million. imo, if we resign both, we'd be making a huge mistake. i also think resigning both Nicks and Cruz to large contracts is a big mistake.

We better draft well or find more Stevie Browns, this year and next. Otherwise, we're going to be in big trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    We also need an OL that can give Eli some additional time.
    This is critical is we are to be back min the hunt in 2013.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

+ Reply to Thread