+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: We need to draft a MLB.

  1. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lakenheath AFB England
    Posts
    3,606
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Yes, I want to see more of this Vince Williams kid. Not going to say the kid is a future superstar at the position but he could be one of those really solid players that a team finds in round 5 or 6. Might just have to watch FSU tape of the DEs again and focus on him.
    sentiments exaclty when I saw him play in the senior bowl. I had no idea who this kid was, he flashed to me when I was not even looking for him

    Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

  2. #12
    Veteran ELI_HOF_NYG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    allentown,pa
    Posts
    1,677
    Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    sentiments exaclty when I saw him play in the senior bowl. I had no idea who this kid was, he flashed to me when I was not even looking for him
    we need real help at LB,,not another project.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    we need real help at LB,,not another project.
    If they are going to get 1 I hope they just solve the problem with a 3 down plug and play MLB

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    we need real help at LB,,not another project.
    He's not really a project player though. 6-1 and 250lbs with a few years of experience at ILB for FSU. He just hasn't been noticed because he plays behind a really good defensive line.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    He's not really a project player though. 6-1 and 250lbs with a few years of experience at ILB for FSU. He just hasn't been noticed because he plays behind a really good defensive line.
    His stats are low because he only plays in the base 4-3 from what I saw. they pull him off the field in the Nickel. i read that he played in the Nickel against Duke I might have to watch that game to see how he does.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    He's not really a project player though. 6-1 and 250lbs with a few years of experience at ILB for FSU. He just hasn't been noticed because he plays behind a really good defensive line.
    Didn't we say the same thing about Phillip Dillard?

  7. #17
    All-Pro titwio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bronx NYC
    Posts
    8,925
    I have a feeling if Ogletree is there at 19 he'll be a Giant. Not that saying he's who I want them to draft, (although I wouldn't be disappointed) just saying I can see Reese pulling the trigger. Ogletree is a "freak athlete" who I'm predicting is going to blow up the combine. Reese has had a tendency to go for the those kind of guys based on athleticism alone.

    Alec's biggest weakness is shedding and disengaging blocks (something I'm not too worried about given his upside and ability to get stronger) but he has excellent instincts, great speed sideline to sideline and coverage ability...all things which I think the Giants organization will look to add especially given what the Redskins and Eagles will be doing regarding their offenses.

    I actually think he'll be better suited at Will but I'm just getting a hunch that if both Tackles are off the board, (Johnson & Fisher) don't be surprised if Alec Ogletree ends up being the selection.

  8. #18
    Trade up to get DJ fluker

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    His stats are low because he only plays in the base 4-3 from what I saw. they pull him off the field in the Nickel. i read that he played in the Nickel against Duke I might have to watch that game to see how he does.
    If you get that game, I'd like to see it if you would want to post it. I watched a few other games and he seemed just a slight second away from making a playing in coverage. He could have concentration issues in coverage for games instead of athleticism like I initially expected.

    Didn't we say the same thing about Phillip Dillard?
    FSU doesn't have a Ndamukong Suh lol. I get your point but I think Dillard's situation was unique playing behind someone who has the physical tools to be a future HoFer. Suh's just a poopface who can't see the big picture.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by El Rey View Post
    Hello, everyone. Used to post on the old boards and have been a reader for years. The reason I have decided to finally post is the fact that I very strongly believe that our defense would immensely benefit from drafting a legitimate three-down MLB of the future this year. A pretty weak FA crop of LB's and a very strong draft class for LB's (specifically inside 'backers) lead me to believe we cannot settle for another year of Blackburn and MUST get one of the following guys (all of which seem to be the most talented potential three-down guys):

    Manti Te'o
    Alec Ogletree
    Kevin Minter
    Arthur Brown
    Kevin Red****
    Vince Williams
    Here is my question.......and keep in mind I am NO draft expert/guru. From the lists I have seen aren't guys like Ogletree and Brown projected as OLB in the draft? If so how much difficulty would there be from going from OLB to ILB in a 4-3? Our MLB as its been said is the QB of the defense.......can these fellas make the transition and still make an impact?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts