+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    First round is too high IMO for Arthur Brown. I do like him though, but we can do better with a first round pick. He disappears in games but is one of the most athletic LBs you can find. Wish he was a little bigger though.

    I would LOVE to get Warford. Would be great for our running game.

    Williams is a TE I really like. Would also upgrade our running game. Great blocker with great size and gets down field quick.

    Lattimore that late could be a steal if he can get healthy, and he's already ahead on his rehab. As I have mocked, I also really like Knile Davis and Michael Dyer with that pick.

  2. #12
    probally get Brown in the 3rd.. not great value there.. I like Warford though

  3. #13
    Veteran ELI_HOF_NYG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    allentown,pa
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Oh god, i'm with ya on Tynes.. I don't trust em and never have.. I'm more then willing to move on, and i think people will be happy we did, once they see what a kicker who actually has a chance from distance and dosen't just sneak half of his chippys in and occasionaly misses makable kicks as well.. I don't know what all the fuss is about Tynes, but its annoying.. His numbers are decieving in my opinion... I swear to god, i worry about him on Ex Pts as well , even though hes made just about all of em in his career.. I'm ready to move on from him..
    Phil Dawson is a FA,,do it jerry.

  4. #14
    Starter PBTimmons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Penn
    Posts
    350
    Guys, I know Arthur Brown is generally considered a 2nd to 3rd round prospect right now. Contrary to public opinion, I am not living under a rock.

    I have simply predicted that Arthur Brown's value will increase to the point that on April 25th he is seen as 1a or 1b LB in this draft. Only time will tell. Also keep in mind, value is a definite thing. Down the road these guys will go to pro bowls and possibly the hall of fame. It is only through processes such as the Senior Bowl, interviews, combine ...etc that value becomes realized. At least they attempt to do so. That's all for my philosophy lesson today.

    Arthur Brown will rise
    Larry Warford will fall

    Those were the predictions made with this mock...and after all, we are just predicting. Not prophesying truth.

    Examples:

    Bruce Irving - "analyst" consensus graded him late 2nd round the day of the draft. He went 15th overall.
    Jayron Hosley - Kiper had him on his big board as a 1st round corner before his failed drug test. He was graded as a 2nd round corner, day of the draft. He was drafted by us one pick before the 4th round.

    Thanks for pointing out that A.Brown is not considered a 1st round pick right now. I know that.

    /not a rant.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

  5. #15
    Veteran ELI_HOF_NYG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    allentown,pa
    Posts
    1,701
    arthur brown is a reach at 19,,,amerson as well in the second. the rest looks good.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    Guys, I know Arthur Brown is generally considered a 2nd to 3rd round prospect right now. Contrary to public opinion, I am not living under a rock.

    I have simply predicted that Arthur Brown's value will increase to the point that on April 25th he is seen as 1a or 1b LB in this draft. Only time will tell. Also keep in mind, value is a definite thing. Down the road these guys will go to pro bowls and possibly the hall of fame. It is only through processes such as the Senior Bowl, interviews, combine ...etc that value becomes realized. At least they attempt to do so. That's all for my philosophy lesson today.

    Arthur Brown will rise
    Larry Warford will fall

    Those were the predictions made with this mock...and after all, we are just predicting. Not prophesying truth.

    Examples:

    Bruce Irving - "analyst" consensus graded him late 2nd round the day of the draft. He went 15th overall.
    Jayron Hosley - Kiper had him on his big board as a 1st round corner before his failed drug test. He was graded as a 2nd round corner, day of the draft. He was drafted by us one pick before the 4th round.

    Thanks for pointing out that A.Brown is not considered a 1st round pick right now. I know that.

    /not a rant.
    Should probably mention the reason for the position of your pick if you knew it was an odd one

  7. #17
    Starter PBTimmons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Penn
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Should probably mention the reason for the position of your pick if you knew it was an odd one
    Good point.

    I just thought it was understood that a guy projected at a certain position in December-January turns up in a different place come April. This is often the case, but some changes being more dramatic than another.

    I try to see the big picture, but I'm not infallible.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    Good point.

    I just thought it was understood that a guy projected at a certain position in December-January turns up in a different place come April. This is often the case, but some changes being more dramatic than another.

    I try to see the big picture, but I'm not infallible.
    Yeah most people get that but those same people are also going by current projections ... not what may or may not happen.

    For instance, if Tyran Mathieu runs a 4.38 40 in the Combine, he's going to be a third round pick or better. If he runs a 4.65 40 ... he'll go UFA.

    The first two things people will pick on in mock drafts:

    1) Order of the draft
    2) Position placement / value

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    Good point.

    I just thought it was understood that a guy projected at a certain position in December-January turns up in a different place come April. This is often the case, but some changes being more dramatic than another.

    I try to see the big picture, but I'm not infallible.
    I like mocks that breach the surface of controversy at the current time (like my Jones pick in the 1st) over the usual bandwagon selections that you see the Giants getting mocked. Anyone can read a few mocks and steal those ideas but it takes dedication to delve deeper into these players and figure out if they would be a good match for the team. Well, none of it really matters in the big picture I suppose but it's nice when one of your mocked players is drafted.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts