+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thomas to Safety?!?!?!

Thomas to Safety?!?!?!

Giants DB Terrell Thomas (torn ACL) will begin running next week. "Everything has been progressing smoothly as I begin to add more weight and lunges to my routine," Thomas said via his personal blog. Thomas had his ACL in his right knee surgically-repaired for the third time in his career in mid-September. If he returns to the Giants in 2013, GM Jerry Reese suggests Thomas could move to safety to take some pressure off his knees.

Hope not...sounds like KP is gone if true

Quote Originally Posted by KillaRich View Post
    Giants DB Terrell Thomas (torn ACL) will begin running next week. "Everything has been progressing smoothly as I begin to add more weight and lunges to my routine," Thomas said via his personal blog. Thomas had his ACL in his right knee surgically-repaired for the third time in his career in mid-September. If he returns to the Giants in 2013, GM Jerry Reese suggests Thomas could move to safety to take some pressure off his knees.

With Will Hill and Stevie Brown, I don't think KP is going to be part of the Giants picture anymore and TT is not just going to transition to that spot. He will most likely get cut by the Giants. Hill especially has a similar build at 6'1" around 210 and KP being 6'2" around 210. HIll needs experience and Brown can take his position as the 3rd safety.

Having an extra safety would also be beneficial dealing with the pistol IMO trying to contain these fast QBs now. The only concern is our horrendous run defense taking a LB off the field. We need some more beef up front.

All-Pro
    Don't like the idea of relying on a guy that tore his ACL 3 times. Hope he can though.

Give him an invite to camp with a CHANCE to make the team. Don't cound on him to be a vital part though.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Give him an invite to camp with a CHANCE to make the team. Don't cound on him to be a vital part though.
    +1

Gotta love the guy's heart, but it would be foolhardy to rely on him to be any sort of contributor next year. If he makes a miracle comeback, then that's just gravy.

TT was playing some safety back before he got injured. It's a more natural fit for him with how physical he is. He could be the giants version of Charles Woodson. Great in the box

He will be released then resigned.

3rd saftey role is whats best for TT..

Quote Originally Posted by KillaRich View Post

Actually makes sense ... he was at his best when playing the Free Safety type of position as CB (e.g center field in a C3 look).

And he's solid in run support and would allow the Giants to comfortably run the Nickle D more effectively.

Starter
    T2 has sadly become the new Bob Sanders in the league. I feel for the guy. Hard to rely on someone that has a gumby knee at this point.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    I'm sure he will perform well in camp and then probably get injured in the first game of the season

+ Reply to Thread