+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

49ers' Frank Gore On NFC Championship Loss To Giants: "We Were The Better Team"

http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/29/...e-better-team/

Since 2007, the New York Giants have never won a game. At least not if you were to ask their opponents, who all claim they were the "better team" and the Giants either got lucky or some other nonsensical excuse. And that line of thinking continued on Monday as San Francisco 49ers running back Frank Gore recalled the NFC Championship game from a year ago, claiming the 49ers were the "better team," but just didn't finish.

"Knowing we were the better team. We didn’t finish," Gore said on Monday. "The Giants won the game. It was tough. It was real tough. I had a chance to go to the Pro Bowl and I couldn’t even go because I was so hurt. Knowing that we were the better team, but we didn’t finish. They won and they moved on.”

The Giants, of course, were the better team a year ago and went on to win Super Bowl XLVI. They were also the better team in week six of this season when they demolished the 49ers 26-3." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/29/...e-better-team/

Since 2007, the New York Giants have never won a game. At least not if you were to ask their opponents, who all claim they were the "better team" and the Giants either got lucky or some other nonsensical excuse. And that line of thinking continued on Monday as San Francisco 49ers running back Frank Gore recalled the NFC Championship game from a year ago, claiming the 49ers were the "better team," but just didn't finish.

"Knowing we were the better team. We didn’t finish," Gore said on Monday. "The Giants won the game. It was tough. It was real tough. I had a chance to go to the Pro Bowl and I couldn’t even go because I was so hurt. Knowing that we were the better team, but we didn’t finish. They won and they moved on.”

The Giants, of course, were the better team a year ago and went on to win Super Bowl XLVI. They were also the better team in week six of this season when they demolished the 49ers 26-3." Read more...
    Before everyone starts calling Gore all kinds of names...its no big deal. Its good to think that yours was the better team.
    It must be a tough pills to swallow to have those 2 Kyle Williams plays cost you the game.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Before everyone starts calling Gore all kinds of names...its no big deal. Its good to think that yours was the better team.
    It must be a tough pills to swallow to have those 2 Kyle Williams plays cost you the game.
    When did it become "good" to be a sore loser?
    Funny...back when we beat the Cowgirls in the Divisional round, I don't recall anyone here being this diplomatic towards Wade Phillips when he whined after the game that.... "the better team lost"!
    For him not to acknowledge the big sp teams turnover the Giants got or compliment Eli for how tough he was that day is totally bush.

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    When did it become "good" to be a sore loser?
    Funny...back when we beat the Cowgirls in the Divisional round, I don't recall anyone here being this diplomatic towards Wade Phillips when he whined after the game that.... "the better team lost"!
    For him not to acknowledge the big sp teams turnover the Giants got or compliment Eli for how tough he was that day is totally bush.
    I admit that I hated those comments because his implication was that the Giants were undeserving. At least that's the way it felt to me. I don't get that from Gore at all. He admitted that they "couldn't finish".
    Seems to me Gore was holding his own team accountable for the loss.

I admit that I hated those comments because his implication was that the Giants were undeserving. At least that's the way it felt to me. I don't get that from Gore at all. He admitted that they "couldn't finish".
    Seems to me Gore was holding his own team accountable for the loss.
    True....when you put it like that, I have to agree with you.
    I guess I'm just tired of opponents back handed compliments and caveats attached to any reference to any Giants victory.
    To me it's cut and dried.....the best team on the field is the one who makes one more play than the other team did and leaves the field with th "W"!

Poor Kyle Williams. Everyone wants to point the finger at one individual. Never mind the fact that the Niners were 1 for 13 on third down conversions, or had MANY chances to win it in the 4th quarter and OT.

Unfortunately this is the same tune the Niners sing when they say they were the "better team". They tend to ignore the fact that their offense was garbage that day. But your right, it's no big deal because we all know Gore is full of it, but I don't agree that is "good" to think your team was the better team if you lose. When the Giants lose, I would hope they believe that they need to get better, not that they are already better.

Congratulations Niners for making it to the Super Bowl regardless.

Well, the best team lost again, to bad for Frank, maybe he has to demand a trade to a " bad " team to win it all next year. Seriously, we all get how frustrated he must feel but man up and be humble about it, show some class and just get to the drawing board to come out firing next year.

That wasn't the only reason they lost. Nor does it change the fact that Gore is a whiny little *****.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    That wasn't the only reason they lost. Nor does it change the fact that Gore is a whiny little *****.
    There were many reasons they lost but you have to admit, from a players perspective, when you have 2 horrible ST fumbles that turned into 10 points, (one being a fluke bouncing off the kid's leg) you can be frustrated with an overtime loss. Easy to blame that for the loss.

Don't forget folks, my comment came last week before the SB. Quite honestly, to repeat the same rap after the SB this season is bad behavior.

That's his opinion and he's entitled to it.