+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 49ers' Frank Gore On NFC Championship Loss To Giants: "We Were The Better Team"

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Well they are in the SB and we are sitting at home.
    They are the better team this year. Despite the results of the game we played against them this year.
    No ... they are the team with the better record.

There is a world of difference between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    No ... they are the team with the better record.

There is a world of difference between the two.
    How how do you determine who the "better team" is?
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Not sure I would say that we outplayed them really. If the ball doesn't bounce off the kids leg we lose that game.
    I think we won the game regardless.......the better team did win last year, US! Morehead do you enjoy being the Anti-Giants fan.......kinda like the anti-hero?
    Last edited by shane4177; 01-29-2013 at 03:37 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by shane4177 View Post
    I think we won the game regardless.......the better team did win last year, US! Morehead do you enjoy being the Anti-Giants fan.......kinda like the anti-hero?

Morehead needs to go back to giving morehead to frank gore

Well they are in the SB and we are sitting at home.
    They are the better team this year. Despite the results of the game we played against them this year.
    And we were the better team last year.

Uhm. I think we need to define what a "better" team is. In my mind, "better" means that if you play each other - say 100 times, who would win the majority of them.

So in SB 42, we were the better team that day, but the Pats were the better team. Period.

But i don't htink SF was better last year.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Uhm. I think we need to define what a "better" team is. In my mind, "better" means that if you play each other - say 100 times, who would win the majority of them.

So in SB 42, we were the better team that day, but the Pats were the better team. Period.

But i don't htink SF was better last year.
    I see where you're coming from, but don't exactly agree with it. I think the playoffs to the superbowl is the ultimate test of teams as a whole. The playoffs are meant to skim the surface of the league and put the top teams in a bracket. We earned, and deserved that 4-0 sweep all the way through. Yes Patriots had the better record/stats, etc. But if you look at the big picture at the end of the season, the Giants were most definitely the best team in the league and could of beat anyone at that point.

Not sure I would say that we outplayed them really. If the ball doesn't bounce off the kids leg we lose that game.
    How do the giants lose that game? Apart from two blown coverages the 49ers had absolutely no offense that entire game, how were they going to score?

I've been reading these same statements by players after a loss ever since I've been following football, "they didn't beat us we beat ourselves", that same statement could apply to every game if you think about it

+ Reply to Thread