+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 49ers' Frank Gore On NFC Championship Loss To Giants: "We Were The Better Team"

Quote Originally Posted by SimmsandLT View Post
    And we were the better team last year.
    I never said we weren't.
    I'm only saying that I can understand the statement. And that these kinds of sentiments don't bother me at all. I have fealt it many times in games that we lost.
    Were we a better team than Washington in both those losses in 2011? Yes. They just beat us those two days.

I don't know why some of you guys are so sensitive. Like its some kind of personal insult.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/29/...e-better-team/

Since 2007, the New York Giants have never won a game. At least not if you were to ask their opponents, who all claim they were the "better team" and the Giants either got lucky or some other nonsensical excuse. And that line of thinking continued on Monday as San Francisco 49ers running back Frank Gore recalled the NFC Championship game from a year ago, claiming the 49ers were the "better team," but just didn't finish.

"Knowing we were the better team. We didn’t finish," Gore said on Monday. "The Giants won the game. It was tough. It was real tough. I had a chance to go to the Pro Bowl and I couldn’t even go because I was so hurt. Knowing that we were the better team, but we didn’t finish. They won and they moved on.”

The Giants, of course, were the better team a year ago and went on to win Super Bowl XLVI. They were also the better team in week six of this season when they demolished the 49ers 26-3." Read more...
    Just one more reason I'm going to be rooting against the 49ers in the Super Bowl.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    It takes an entire season to determine who's better, not one game. If not, last year Rex Grossman and the Skins would have been better than us.
    Winning when you have to, does not mean winning one game. There are times however, that a game has more impact on a season. We had such games. We lost most of those games. We we're 9-7 last year and we were the Champions because we won "when we had to". Were we the "best" team last year? It is debatable. The fact that we were Champions is not.

And if the queen had balls she'd be the king. Kyle Williams' mistakes means that the Niners WERE NOT the better team along with a score of other things, like them being 1-13 on third downs and only completing 1 pass to a WR all game long.

This is a tad snippy.....Don't you think?
    Its tough to lose a game when you had two late turnovers as the difference, especially when one was purely flukish.
    I have no problem with a competitor having a hard time forgetting it. These guys go through a lot to get to where we and the Niners were last season.
    I have no problem with this kind of statement at all.

You guys are too sensetive.
    The first turnover was in the first half. And again, if they were the better team they would have made the plays necessary to win a close game. They didn't so they weren't.

The scoreboard tells the tale.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    Winning when you have to, does not mean winning one game. There are times however, that a game has more impact on a season. We had such games. We lost most of those games. We we're 9-7 last year and we were the Champions because we won "when we had to". Were we the "best" team last year? It is debatable. The fact that we were Champions is not.
    the "best" team is the Champion.

rationalize it all you want but that is the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/29/...e-better-team/

Since 2007, the New York Giants have never won a game. At least not if you were to ask their opponents, who all claim they were the "better team" and the Giants either got lucky or some other nonsensical excuse. And that line of thinking continued on Monday as San Francisco 49ers running back Frank Gore recalled the NFC Championship game from a year ago, claiming the 49ers were the "better team," but just didn't finish.

"Knowing we were the better team. We didn’t finish," Gore said on Monday. "The Giants won the game. It was tough. It was real tough. I had a chance to go to the Pro Bowl and I couldn’t even go because I was so hurt. Knowing that we were the better team, but we didn’t finish. They won and they moved on.”

The Giants, of course, were the better team a year ago and went on to win Super Bowl XLVI. They were also the better team in week six of this season when they demolished the 49ers 26-3." Read more...
    I laugh at all of these players that say stuff like this after they lose. I also laugh at fans making a ginormous deal out of what he said. Regardless of which team was better or not, I only know what the scoreboard tells me.
    Close or you hit the bricks

Veteran
    That's cool the Giants were the better team this year when they kicked the 49ers ***.

This is a tad snippy.....Don't you think?
    Its tough to lose a game when you had two late turnovers as the difference, especially when one was purely flukish.
    I have no problem with a competitor having a hard time forgetting it. These guys go through a lot to get to where we and the Niners were last season.
    I have no problem with this kind of statement at all.

You guys are too sensetive.
    That NFCCG was a a very tough, hardnose defensive battle. Neither teams defense was going to allow their team to lose the game.....not on their watch. You knew- at least I did anyway-that the game was going to be decided on a turnover. With the field and weather conditions, and the teams having no margin for error, the players & coaches have to press into there heads to protect the football. That's part of the game too.

And the 49ers were very ****y too. I think they thought that they would walk right over the Giants. They underestimated them.

+ Reply to Thread