+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 49ers' Frank Gore On NFC Championship Loss To Giants: "We Were The Better Team"

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    This is a tad snippy.....Don't you think?
    Its tough to lose a game when you had two late turnovers as the difference, especially when one was purely flukish.
    I have no problem with a competitor having a hard time forgetting it. These guys go through a lot to get to where we and the Niners were last season.
    I have no problem with this kind of statement at all.

You guys are too sensetive.
    Too sensitive? Maybe people are.

What seems much, much more likely is that your ridiculous position, designed solely to get the results you have, is 100% without any trace of merit.

Let's pretend that the second fumble never happened, and that Williams was tackled on that spot: Tell the class the results of every 49 drive in the forth quarter. How many were 3 and outs (hint...it rhymes with "ball but bun")

Total yards in the second half?
    Passing yards?
    Running yards?

How about this one: a roughing the passer call against the giants gave the niners more yards than they had passing in the 4th!!

Don't know what game Gore or you watched, but he one I watched had the Giants D (that you routinely credit and rightfully so) absolutely took complete control of that game in the second half and the niners could do nothing about it.

But somehow, in Gore's mind (and yours) the niners were A-OK.

Maybe they were resting?

Worst.
    Post.
    Ever.
    This space for rent

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    Actually this year he made an excuse after the game saying they abandoned the run to early.. LOL

this guy is a whiner, the 49ers didn't convert a single 3rd down till garbage time when we were heading for OT, they were NOT the better team that year.
    ^this.....

And it's not like they blew out the Giants in the reg. season match up either. In fact most of the Giants were hoping they meet them again.

Veteran
    well said deli. I don't think we're being too sensitive by simply pointing out Gore's mis-rememberance. After all - this is the GIANTS message board.

I'm surprised he's talking about it still. He's got a great chance to get a ring himself.

Quote Originally Posted by pathas View Post
    well said deli. I don't think we're being too sensitive by simply pointing out Gore's mis-rememberance. After all - this is the GIANTS message board.
    Maybe it was Gore's 12 total yards in the 4th that made him so sure they could score at will.

Again...roughing the passer call greater than Gore's output.
    This space for rent

Veteran
    it amazes me the things people remember on this board. nice job again deli. Gore's a fn crybaby.

All-Pro
    The three teams in question here all had one thing in common. They were all arrogant. They were up on the mountain thinking their was no way anyone could knock them off seeing they were so far superior then everyone else. An when they were finally knocked off the mountain they had to much pride to admit they were beaten by the better team. So they just made lundry lists of excuses
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Veteran
    You can't say this anymore. If you were the better team then that 3-28 shutout I saw never happend?

Better team means everyone does their part(including the PR). You lost, therefore you were the lesser team. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by wuzpapn View Post
    I see where you're coming from, but don't exactly agree with it. I think the playoffs to the superbowl is the ultimate test of teams as a whole. The playoffs are meant to skim the surface of the league and put the top teams in a bracket. We earned, and deserved that 4-0 sweep all the way through. Yes Patriots had the better record/stats, etc. But if you look at the big picture at the end of the season, the Giants were most definitely the best team in the league and could of beat anyone at that point.
    Pats won 1 game over a team with a Winning record that season

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Quote Originally Posted by pathas View Post
    the "best" team is the Champion.

rationalize it all you want but that is the way it is.
    I did not rationalize. Good, better, best. It is arguable. That's the fun of being a fan. Last year we were the champions. And I could not have been happier.

+ Reply to Thread