+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 49ers' Frank Gore On NFC Championship Loss To Giants: "We Were The Better Team"

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Before everyone starts calling Gore all kinds of names...its no big deal. Its good to think that yours was the better team.
    It must be a tough pills to swallow to have those 2 Kyle Williams plays cost you the game.
    When did it become "good" to be a sore loser?
    Funny...back when we beat the Cowgirls in the Divisional round, I don't recall anyone here being this diplomatic towards Wade Phillips when he whined after the game that.... "the better team lost"!
    For him not to acknowledge the big sp teams turnover the Giants got or compliment Eli for how tough he was that day is totally bush.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I'm sure Gore has plenty of confidence in himself and his team

But they weren't the better team in the playoffs. Then they spent all offseason talking about how hey we're the better team only to get absolutely stomped by the giants again.

Giants have been clearly the better team the last two matchups.

Lets not forget the third meeting the giants were inside the ten and would have won had they scored a Td at the end of the game. I'll give that game to the 49ers but that was not a convincing win for them.

How many times do the giants need to beat them for gore to stop saying they are the better team? Right now it's best of 3 with the giants winning 2-1. Should we go best of 5? Best of 7?

Or do we keep going forever until gore retires or gets cut?
    That's fine but do you blame him for thinking that HIS TEAM, the team that was 13-3, including beating us, was better. To me its human nature. Especially the way they lost, in OT with two late turnovers (one being a fluke)

My only point is that its just no big deal for him to think this or say it. Why you guys care is beyond me.

Again...there were plenty of games where we lost and I still thought we were the better team. I'm sure we can all say that. If you don't accept that you are just in denial.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    When did it become "good" to be a sore loser?
    Funny...back when we beat the Cowgirls in the Divisional round, I don't recall anyone here being this diplomatic towards Wade Phillips when he whined after the game that.... "the better team lost"!
    For him not to acknowledge the big sp teams turnover the Giants got or compliment Eli for how tough he was that day is totally bush.
    I admit that I hated those comments because his implication was that the Giants were undeserving. At least that's the way it felt to me. I don't get that from Gore at all. He admitted that they "couldn't finish".
    Seems to me Gore was holding his own team accountable for the loss.

Saying they were the better team that year or the better team that game are very different things.
    Redskins were the better team both time they played the giants that year, but certainly weren't the better team that season

Saying they were the better team that year or the better team that game are very different things.
    Redskins were the better team both time they played the giants that year, but certainly weren't the better team that season
    Glad to see you coming over to my argument.

He never said "we were better that day". He never said that "they didn't deserve to win". He never said "they were lucky"
    He said that they believed that they were the better team and they "didn't finish". At least not in the quote cited in this thread.
    When we lost to the Skins I'm sure every player on our team thought that we were the better team and didn't play well enough to win.

Again...this is no big deal at all. That's why I posted so early in the thread. I predicted the overreaction of posters to this. It doesn't take much of a sophisticated mind to understand the context of these remarks.
    But still.....Here we are......
    Last edited by Morehead State; 01-30-2013 at 10:58 AM.

I'm still not agreeing with you because it's still a stupid comment for him to make. To be the better team you have to beat them when it matters most. They didn't. Giants were absolutely the better team.

They talked up all offseason about how the giants didn't deserve to beat them. Then the giants pounded them again. They need to shut up about it. They lost twice and sound like babies

I'm still not agreeing with you because it's still a stupid comment for him to make. To be the better team you have to beat them when it matters most. They didn't. Giants were absolutely the better team.

They talked up all offseason about how the giants didn't deserve to beat them. Then the giants pounded them again. They need to shut up about it. They lost twice and sound like babies
    +1

They did? I never saw any of that. Do you have a link where a Niner says that the Giants didn't deserve that win?

But we are talking about these specific comments made by Frank Gore. To me, (even by the standards you described a few posts ago) they were no big deal.
    And to your point about this season. They are in the SB and we didn't make the playoffs. They went into Atlanta and beat them when we lost 34-0 to the same team.
    You know how these things go. Team A beat's team B. Team C beats team A and team B beats team C. Its the NFL.
    We won the championship game last season and deserved the win. I don't see anything that Gore is saying that disputes that. He just believed that they were a better team. And should have won the game if they "finished".

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    They did? I never saw any of that. Do you have a link where a Niner says that the Giants didn't deserve that win?

But we are talking about these specific comments made by Frank Gore. To me, (even by the standards you described a few posts ago) they were no big deal.
    And to your point about this season. They are in the SB and we didn't make the playoffs. They went into Atlanta and beat them when we lost 34-0 to the same team.
    You know how these things go. Team A beat's team B. Team C beats team A and team B beats team C. Its the NFL.
    We won the championship game last season and deserved the win. I don't see anything that Gore is saying that disputes that. He just believed that they were a better team. And should have won the game if they "finished".
    Isnt that it in a nutshell? The better team DOES finish.

Gore (and you to some extent) is equating a better regular season record with being a better team during a post season matchup.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

And now Kyle Williams is mouthing off that the giants should have been investigated for saying they wanted to hit him. What a bunch of crybabies.

+ Reply to Thread