+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 49ers' Frank Gore On NFC Championship Loss To Giants: "We Were The Better Team"

Veteran
    Well he kinda has a point. His comments are in regards to one of our players admitting that we knew he had a head injury and we wanted to hurt him. I think it was our rookie LB Williams who mentioned it during an interview. Sure it wasn't about a bounty program because money wasn't involved, but the intent to injure was -and that was another issue Goodel was bringing the hammer down on.

Quote Originally Posted by BeatYale View Post
    Well he kinda has a point. His comments are in regards to one of our players admitting that we knew he had a head injury and we wanted to hurt him. I think it was our rookie LB Williams who mentioned it during an interview. Sure it wasn't about a bounty program because money wasn't involved, but the intent to injure was -and that was another issue Goodel was bringing the hammer down on.
    He fumbled without anyone touching him. He's either already concussed or he's not mentally prepared for the game.

Starter
    Oh man. I'm not really a fan of the Ravens, but after reading this moaning and whining from the 49ers, I hope Baltimore win.

Quote Originally Posted by JPP View Post
    They still had to drive the field and Smith had not played inspired football up to that point. Our defence had a few busted plays on Davis and that is the only reason they were even in the game offensively so I think you can argue either way.
    Definitely. There are so many what if's, but the only thing that matters is the end result. They can indirectly blame the loss on Williams, but he said better "TEAM", and that team includes Williams.

Eli got pounded in that second half, and while he got away with a pair of errant thorws, it was an all around gritty performance. I was especially impressed with that touchdown to Manningham on 3rd and 15 while down by 4 in the 4th quarter, after Eli had gotten pounded. He just hung in there and made a play.

Banned
    Meh. I don’t really think the comments are a big deal. Marshall Faulk claimed after losing SuperBowl to NE Patriots “sometimes the better team doesn’t win.” It is just frustration. I think that what does get folks ire is the timing of it just like the comment by Clay Matthews months after the game. I mean, shouldn’t Frank Gore be worried about Baltimore Ravens right now and not the NFCCG from 2011? All in all however, I don’t really think he is knocking us but voicing his frustration at himself and his own team for not finishing a game they thought they should’ve won if they were better finishers.

Players make comments like Frank Gore did about being the better team and losing but it is better sportsmanship to keep that in the lockerroom and be gracious in acknowledging your opponents victory. I may be mistaken here but folks always bring up how NE Patriots keep making excuses about SuperBowl XLII but I have never heard the players state that. Now, I have heard plenty of fans making excuses for NE Patriots but not the players. does anyone have a link?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Where did he say the Giants were undeserving? You are filling in blanks to fit some alternate reality. And I have no idea why you need to do that.

And talking about being "butthurt" I'm still lamenting over our getting crush by the Rams, week 14, 1970 where we had a chance to win the division.
    Well. The way some folks would take the comments by Frank Gore could be interpreted as “if we just finished, NY Giants couldn’t do anything about it.” Some would state that his bellyaching is stating that it was due to their own ineptitude and nothing NY Giants did and that is why they lost. It can be interpreted in many different ways. Frank Gore should be worrying about SuperBowl XLVII.

Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    He fumbled without anyone touching him. He's either already concussed or he's not mentally prepared for the game.
    He fumbled when JWill hit him. The other "fumble" was more of a muff/touch situation.

Quote Originally Posted by BeatYale View Post
    Not really. Our guys (Devin Thomas was the first to say anything about it) said that the point was that due to his concussion history if they were able to give him a good lick or two it'll make him lose focus, as he'd be more concerned about getting another concussion than doing things like, say, covering up the football.

The intent wasn't to injure him or give him another concussion, but rather just to rattle him to get him off his game.

BUMMER!

Those guys are a bunch of pansies.

GO RAVENS!
    If you dig up the dirt in Oakland, you will find Giant bones

3/18/14 Draft:
    1-Aaron Donald DT Pitt
    2-Kareem Martin DE UNC
    3-Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Neb
    4-C.J. Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
    5-Bryan Stork C FSU
    5-Chris Watt G ND
    6-Jeff Janis WR SV

Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    No he didn't. The ball was knocked out of his arm. It was a good play by us.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread