+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 49ers' Frank Gore On NFC Championship Loss To Giants: "We Were The Better Team"

There's a difference between:

1. Deliberately targeting an injury on opposing players and attempting to make it worse or end their career.

2. Knowing a player is putting himself in the game in a degraded state and playing tough, hard hitting football in general to wear him out.

If a player is questionable/borderline for gametime, no matter the injury, the other team is going to look for weaknesses and target you. Why is this a surprise? This isn't a bounty scandal. This isn't coaches telling their players to deliberately injure a player. It's a player that's less than 100% deciding to play and getting the pressure put on him for being the weak link.

Butthurtttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!
    #80 = Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
    #13 = Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    THIS comment....IS pathetic.
    Truly
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

So he fumbled after we hit him in the head?

Oh wait ... we didn't hit him in the head ... he just had butter fingers.

The Giants should be stripped of the 2011 Superbowl Championship, lose their next 5 1st rounders, and be suspended from ever making the playoffs as long as the Harbaugh family exists.

I hope the Karma Train comes chugging into the station on Sunday, and Kyle Williams muffs at least one.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Truly
    I have a feeling that even Niners fans find this ridiculous.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by MustWarnOthers View Post
    I hope the Karma Train comes chugging into the station on Sunday, and Kyle Williams muffs at least one.
    That's the irony here....He's on IR.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I have a feeling that even Niners fans find this ridiculous.
    I just don't understand why this is even a discussion point for them. Could it be something Manningham or Jacobs has said to them? It just seems so odd to me.

Here's what he said then:

"Williams, returning kicks in place of the injured Ted Ginn Jr., muffed one punt early in the fourth quarter to set up a go-ahead touchdown for New York, then was stripped by Jacquian Williams in overtime to give the Giants the ball at the 24.

“You hate to be the last guy that had the ball, to give it away in that fashion and to lose a game of this magnitude,” Williams said. “It is what it is. We’re going to move forward as a team. Everyone has come to pat me on the back and the shoulder to say it’s not me.”
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-30-2013 at 02:07 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

In other news, the NFL formally launched an investigation on who Kyle Williams is.
    --80--

+ Reply to Thread