+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 49ers' Frank Gore On NFC Championship Loss To Giants: "We Were The Better Team"

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    So when we got beat in the Flipper Anderson game you thought that the Rams were a better team. If so...you are the only Giants fan in America who did.
    We beat them all over the field but because of a fluke int. and TD return at the end of the half and a horrific PI call in OT, among other things, we got beat. That was one of the best Giants teams of all time. But sometimes the ball bounces the other way.

My point is that its just human nature, when you lose a very tough and important game when two turnovers in the second half (one was just a freak bounce off the kids leg) to think that you should have won the game and that your team was better. I'm not saying that we didn't win the game fair and square or that they were better than us. I'm saying I understand a player thinking that.

Again, this kind of comment only bugs you guys when its against us. Lets see the next time we lose a tough game to a team we hate and one of our players says that we are a better team. We'll see how consistent you all are then.
    In the case of the Giants/49ers game, I think both teams matched up well across the board. We won by playing hard. Lucky breaks happen in a lot of games and sometimes teams make their own luck.... sometimes teams that should win just lay an egg.... like we did when we allowed the Eagles to come from a huge deficit in the second half and beat us a couple of years ago. We could have said we were the better team..... but the truth of the matter is they wanted it more than we did and they played a full 60 minutes. Shame on us.... not them.

What the hell man. Teams lose. They lost a hard faught battle. It was a great game for both teams; win or lose. I said that during the 4th quarter of that game and stand by it. I'm pleased with the outcome, of course, but accept the loss and move on. This is why I will do something I.vowed to never ever in my life do....root for Baltimore to win a Super Bowl.

That's not what it means at all. That is a huge leap from those comments.
    Saying that you think you're a better team doesn't it any way suggest that the opponent who beat you didn't deserve the win.

If you choose to interpret those comments in that way, there is no reasoning with you.
    while i agree t is a big leap from those comments, toads point still kinda does make sense. if hes saying that they were the better team and remarking about it like the rest of the 9ers seem to be doing, one could easily (and correctly imo) infer that hes saying the better team didnt make it to the SB and thus, an undeserving team made it over them, a deserving team...
    i agree more with ur sentiment im just saying i could see toads point

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    i was a little surprised that they didnt investigate our fake injuries. but this is new , i dont see how he was proof of any kind just speculation.
    You mean in the Seattle game?
    ...the tortillas are dry...

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    while i agree t is a big leap from those comments, toads point still kinda does make sense. if hes saying that they were the better team and remarking about it like the rest of the 9ers seem to be doing, one could easily (and correctly imo) infer that hes saying the better team didnt make it to the SB and thus, an undeserving team made it over them, a deserving team...
    Makes me also wonder if he is just echoing what Harbaugh is yapping behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    In other news, the NFL formally launched an investigation on who Kyle Williams is.
    I must always give credit when a poster makes me laugh.
    This one was damned funny.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    I have no reason to believe that Frank Gore is suggesting that we didn't deserve the win. We won the game...period.
    What I gather from those comments is that he thinks that if they played the way they're capable, they would have won the game. To me, any other interpretation is a major reach.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

I must always give credit when a poster makes me laugh.
    This one was damned funny.
    Every once in a while

The media might as well have asked the ball boys the same question, for they have as much as an importance on the 49ers team as Williams does.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    i was a little surprised that they didnt investigate our fake injuries. but this is new , i dont see how he was proof of any kind just speculation.
    Devon Thomas, among others, said that they knew that Williams had a history of concussions and that if they were able to hit him hard a few times it might rattle him (as he'd be concerned about getting another concussion) and make him lose focus.

Honestly, I thought I did read something about the NFL reviewing the game tape and clearing of us from any wrong doing (no head shots, no after the business shots, etc.)

Whatever. It's just another whiny Niner *****.

+ Reply to Thread