+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 49ers' Frank Gore On NFC Championship Loss To Giants: "We Were The Better Team"

Don't these guys have an important game they need to prepare for this Sunday? I mean, it's probably the media stirring all of this up, but these guys seem content talking about the Giants more than the team they're facing in the Superbowl.

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    And I'm "shocked" they are still bitter about us beating them. You would've thought if they had any doubt about who's better, us owning them this year would have settled that....
    I have a feeling this is why they stuck with Humperdinck (or whatever his name is)... they're trying to play the one style of offense that gives the Giants fits.

Okay, i'm taking off the tinfoil hat now...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    That's not what it means at all. That is a huge leap from those comments.
    Saying that you think you're a better team doesn't it any way suggest that the opponent who beat you didn't deserve the win.

If you choose to interpret those comments in that way, there is no reasoning with you.
    If they don't believe that they should have gone to the SB last year over the Giants, why are they so butthurt about it now when they have another super bowl right in front of them? They shouldn't even be thinking about the Giants at all at this point... in 2012 the 49ers are Super Bowl contenders while the Giants didn't even crack the playoffs. Does that mean I think the Giants deserved to be in this year's SB even though we smacked the bejesus out of them when we visited the Stick? Not at all. Niners deserve the shot they have in front of them.

The bottom line according to my logic: There is no such thing as an "undeserving world champion". I may hate having to hear about the Cowboys 90s dynasty, but they won all those lombardis fair and square. Only exception is when someone cheats to win said championship, like Belicheck.
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 01-30-2013 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasjmarino View Post
    Just another reason why I can't stand Harbaugh.
    But, on the bright side, I'm glad to see his team is becoming what he is.
    A whining crybaby.
    They've also become......a team with a great defense, outstanding O line, dynamic running backs and an explosive young QB, with a coach that does nothing but win and is in the Superbowl.
    Don't kid yourself, they, along with every 49rs fan in America, are very happy about what they've become.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    If they don't believe that they should have gone to the SB last year over the Giants, why are they so butthurt about it now when they have another super bowl right in front of them? They shouldn't even be thinking about the Giants at all at this point... in 2012 the 49ers are Super Bowl contenders while the Giants didn't even crack the playoffs. Does that mean I think the Giants deserved to be in this year's SB even though we smacked the bejesus out of them when we visited the Stick? Not at all. Niners deserve the shot they have in front of them.

The bottom line according to my logic: There is no such thing as an "undeserving world champion". I may hate having to hear about the Cowboys 90s dynasty, but they won all those lombardis fair and square. Only exception is when someone cheats to win said championship, like Belicheck.
    Where did he say the Giants were undeserving? You are filling in blanks to fit some alternate reality. And I have no idea why you need to do that.

And talking about being "butthurt" I'm still lamenting over our getting crush by the Rams, week 14, 1970 where we had a chance to win the division.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I have a feeling this is why they stuck with Humperdinck (or whatever his name is)... they're trying to play the one style of offense that gives the Giants fits.

Okay, i'm taking off the tinfoil hat now...
    Humperdinck.

Lets go Ravens...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    They've also become......a team with a great defense, outstanding O line, dynamic running backs and an explosive young QB, with a coach that does nothing but win and is in the Superbowl.
    Don't kid yourself, they, along with every 49rs fan in America, are very happy about what they've become.
    Lol, the organization has 5 Super Bowl titles. When they lose to the Ravens Sunday, what will be so special about this version of them other than a team that has had just 2 straight winning seasons in like over a decade but no new Super Bowl trophies and will have to contend with an arguably as good or better Seahawks team the 49ers can't seem to beat for many more years to come as well as a Rams team they can't beat that may not be better but matches up perfectly with the 49ers. They now will be considered a bunch of cry babies on top of all of this. Not so rosey after all.
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 01-30-2013 at 06:28 PM.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

I find it very interesting that the 49er players are still talking about that game. Here they are in the Super Bowl; 60 minutes from the Lombardi trophy and they're still talking about that game. They are immature soar losers who IMO don't know how to handle being in the lime light.

The 49ers must think crying about last years championship game will overturn the Super Bowl

+ Reply to Thread