+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 49ers' Frank Gore On NFC Championship Loss To Giants: "We Were The Better Team"

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    This is a tad snippy.....Don't you think?
    Its tough to lose a game when you had two late turnovers as the difference, especially when one was purely flukish.
    I have no problem with a competitor having a hard time forgetting it. These guys go through a lot to get to where we and the Niners were last season.
    I have no problem with this kind of statement at all.

You guys are too sensetive.
    I don't think it is any more snippy than someone saying "we were the better team but lost". True, they had a couple of mishaps in the game, but on the same token, if Gore had played a little harder and scored one more time during the game, then he would not be making such a disrespectful comment about the Giants. I can live with comments like "They were the better team on the field today" or "They played harder than we did today" or "They wanted it more than we did today"..... but to say we have a better team reaps of sour grapes.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Q@$%*(^%&%^$^#*%%)_(*&)&&%^%#!#*&^%%%%

So there
    I think so!! also ~~``~~&))(-

Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    I don't think it is any more snippy than someone saying "we were the better team but lost". True, they had a couple of mishaps in the game, but on the same token, if Gore had played a little harder and scored one more time during the game, then he would not be making such a disrespectful comment about the Giants. I can live with comments like "They were the better team on the field today" or "They played harder than we did today" or "They wanted it more than we did today"..... but to say we have a better team reaps of sour grapes.
    So when we got beat in the Flipper Anderson game you thought that the Rams were a better team. If so...you are the only Giants fan in America who did.
    We beat them all over the field but because of a fluke int. and TD return at the end of the half and a horrific PI call in OT, among other things, we got beat. That was one of the best Giants teams of all time. But sometimes the ball bounces the other way.

My point is that its just human nature, when you lose a very tough and important game when two turnovers in the second half (one was just a freak bounce off the kids leg) to think that you should have won the game and that your team was better. I'm not saying that we didn't win the game fair and square or that they were better than us. I'm saying I understand a player thinking that.

Again, this kind of comment only bugs you guys when its against us. Lets see the next time we lose a tough game to a team we hate and one of our players says that we are a better team. We'll see how consistent you all are then.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Lets remove the 49ers two mental blunders, the fumbles.

Then equally, lets remove the giants two blunders, the two blown coverages.

Final score, giants 10, 49ers 3.

Or are we just going to say the 49ers deserved to play perfect but the giants didn't?

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post

Or are we just going to say the 49ers deserved to play perfect but the giants didn't?
    I'm not saying he's right. I'm saying that I understand why a player would think or say it.
    As a matter of fact, its pretty normal with competitive players.

So when we got beat in the Flipper Anderson game you thought that the Rams were a better team. If so...you are the only Giants fan in America who did.
    We beat them all over the field but because of a fluke int. and TD return at the end of the half and a horrific PI call in OT, among other things, we got beat. That was one of the best Giants teams of all time. But sometimes the ball bounces the other way.

My point is that its just human nature, when you lose a very tough and important game when two turnovers in the second half (one was just a freak bounce off the kids leg) to think that you should have won the game and that your team was better. I'm not saying that we didn't win the game fair and square or that they were better than us. I'm saying I understand a player thinking that.

Again, this kind of comment only bugs you guys when its against us. Lets see the next time we lose a tough game to a team we hate and one of our players says that we are a better team. We'll see how consistent you all are then.
    Since when does being consistent go hand in hand with being a fan? ... not to mention anytime a Giant player "talks" there is literally 100 posts to "just shut up and play"

Its easy to point to a freak bounce, but it cant be correlated to THE reason we won that game. The play made by the Giants to knock the ball loose is when there was already a fumble on a nearly identical play EARLIER in the game is the reason.

Human nature doesnt mean its not stupid.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    Since when does being consistent go hand in hand with being a fan? ... not to mention anytime a Giant player "talks" there is literally 100 posts to "just shut up and play"

Its easy to point to a freak bounce, but it cant be correlated to THE reason we won that game. The play made by the Giants to knock the ball loose is when there was already a fumble on a nearly identical play EARLIER in the game is the reason.

Human nature doesnt mean its not stupid.
    If you read his comment you will see that he blamed himself and his team for not finishing. I just don't know why this comment upsets you guys.

Let me ask you this......when Rex Grossman beat us last year....did you think the Skins were a better team than us?

And I love your comment about fans. You point seems to be that we accept that fans are idiots and why should we be blamed for taking idiotic positions.
    Good one.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post

+1

This is the main point i always try to make when someone says a team got lucky or gave the game away because of 1 play. I was one of the few people who thought the seahawks deserved to the beat the packers earlier in the season. many looked at he last play of the game and felt like the packers got robbed. but if you watch the game closely, the packers got a way with 3 bad calls (2 of them were pass interferences that the refs missed.) on that same drive
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

If you read his comment you will see that he blamed himself and his team for not finishing. I just don't know why this comment upsets you guys.

Let me ask you this......when Rex Grossman beat us last year....did you think the Skins were a better team than us?

And I love your comment about fans. You point seems to be that we accept that fans are idiots and why should we be blamed for taking idiotic positions.
    Good one
    Way to close your eyes and run with that one... and also call anyone who doesn't hold your same position an idiot.

We as fans are naturally biased and will point out the faulty logic made by others teams players - you can brush off Gore's sour grapes a human natures but fail to do the same for the fans. Seems like the most "sensitive" one in all this is Gore.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

I'm sure Gore has plenty of confidence in himself and his team

But they weren't the better team in the playoffs. Then they spent all offseason talking about how hey we're the better team only to get absolutely stomped by the giants again.

Giants have been clearly the better team the last two matchups.

Lets not forget the third meeting the giants were inside the ten and would have won had they scored a Td at the end of the game. I'll give that game to the 49ers but that was not a convincing win for them.

How many times do the giants need to beat them for gore to stop saying they are the better team? Right now it's best of 3 with the giants winning 2-1. Should we go best of 5? Best of 7?

Or do we keep going forever until gore retires or gets cut?

+ Reply to Thread