+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray Lewis vs. LT on the field and off

Ray Lewis vs. LT on the field and off

On the field, Ray Lewis is arguably the greatest LB of this generation. Likewise, LT IS the greatest of his generation, maybe of all time. However, they do play different positions. Lewis is also going for his second Superpbowl, possibly tying LT. On the field, who is/was more important to their team? Is LT's play too much for Lewis to overcome or does Lewis's leadership prove him to be more valuable on a possibly let talented team?

Off the field, Lewis has changed his image into a humble and spiritual leader for his community. However, it is not in the distant past he was up for murder charges, paying off families of victims, and lets not forget (thank you Mrs. Welker) his 5 kids and 4 wives. That is hardly the resume of a role model.

Off the field, LT is linked heavily to drugs, prison, and more recently, sex with a minor and prostitution. While he has not shown to have too many redeeming qualities or even attempted to rehabilitate his image like Lewis has, it is hard to look past the fact that drugs and prostitution is nowhere near as heinous as murder.

So, what is everyone's opinions of Lewis vs. LT on and off the field?

Ray Lewis is a prime example of how money can buy your way our of trouble. I really, really , can't stand Jim Harbough. But I would be disgusted to see that criminal walk off into the sunset with another SB ring.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Ray Lewis is a prime example of how money can buy your way our of trouble. I really, really , can't stand Jim Harbough. But I would be disgusted to see that criminal walk off into the sunset with another SB ring.
    I almost forgot that you were at the scene & saw exactly what happend...

On the field Lewis plays his position better than anyone has since maybe Singletary........on the field Taylor single-handedly changed the outcome of games on a consistent basis and changed the way the game was/is played......there is no comparison.

Off the field they're both eff ups.

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-2000/1566198/

Don't be so quick to defend Ray...

You are entitled to your opinion. I'm sure you feel O.J. is a model citizen also.

Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    So youve played god & already judged lewis? Theres a reason he wasnt convicted of murder, if the state had any solid evidence that he was the one that killed the guy, hed be in prison till this day....was he there? Obviously. ..does he know what happend? I'm sure...did he actually kill the guy? You & everyone else will never know...

So youve played god & already judged lewis? Theres a reason he wasnt convicted of murder, if the state had any solid evidence that he was the one that killed the guy, hed be in prison till this day....was he there? Obviously. ..does he know what happend? I'm sure...did he actually kill the guy? You & everyone else will never know...
    Not being the one with the knife, doesn't automatically make him an innocent man. He was charged with murder, and took a plea down to obstruction of justice, in exchange for testimony against his tow friends. He then gave a financial settlement to the families of the victims. He probably wasn't the one with the knife. But if that were you or I, we'd be in jail.

I think having a blood soaked suit that conspicuously disappeared puts him pretty damn close to the murder scene.

If Ray truly knows what happened and refuses to tell the authorities or families, what do you think of him?

Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    On the field, Ray Lewis is arguably the greatest LB of this generation. Likewise, LT IS the greatest of his generation, maybe of all time. However, they do play different positions. Lewis is also going for his second Superpbowl, possibly tying LT. On the field, who is/was more important to their team? Is LT's play too much for Lewis to overcome or does Lewis's leadership prove him to be more valuable on a possibly let talented team?

Off the field, Lewis has changed his image into a humble and spiritual leader for his community. However, it is not in the distant past he was up for murder charges, paying off families of victims, and lets not forget (thank you Mrs. Welker) his 5 kids and 4 wives. That is hardly the resume of a role model.

Off the field, LT is linked heavily to drugs, prison, and more recently, sex with a minor and prostitution. While he has not shown to have too many redeeming qualities or even attempted to rehabilitate his image like Lewis has, it is hard to look past the fact that drugs and prostitution is nowhere near as heinous as murder.

So, what is everyone's opinions of Lewis vs. LT on and off the field?
    What LT did is WAY MORE heinous then a murder allegation. RL was not convicted. If you are convinced he murdered someone then thats your opnion.
    Thats not what was decided in court. What he paid off was a civil suit not the criminal suit IIRC.

On the field. LT was better at his position then RL was at his. With that said RL is one of the top LBs to ever play the game for sure.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

+ Reply to Thread