+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray Lewis vs. LT on the field and off

Banned
    On the field Ray Lewis has had a great career and is one of the top 5 LBs to ever play the game. He is a great leader on the field.

On the field LT was The Greatest Defensive player of all time. He revolutionized the game and the only way to have described him would be as a force of nature. I have never seen a football player do what he did on a regular basis. Strong, fast, great instincts, made everyone around him play better, great leader and so much more. I donít know if we will ever see another football player like LT.

Off the field Ray lewis was involved in a murder and pled out to an obstruction of justice charge. Key evidence, mainly a bloody white suit has never been found and witnesses changed their story. He paid off the victims families. That has all been documented and uncontested. He has a number of kids with different women and claims that he is now born again and appears to live a very charitable and giving life. Some folks say he has found redemption and never committed the crimes. Some have said he was involved in the crimes and has found redemption. Some say he is a fake and it is all an act. I think Ray Lewis was somehow involved in the murders and I do think that since then, he has changed his life around. I donít think it excuses his past deeds if he was so involved.

LT has had drug problems. LT has had numerous legal problems with the most recent being sex woith an underage prstitute that told him she was overage. He was cleared in a civil suit and alegations of abuse against the prostitue were found to be false. It would also appear that although alcohol was involved that drugs werenít and that LT is still drug free. LT is not a model citizen and is not a role model off the field. However, the activities he has been accussed of are more of a self destructive kind as oppossed to the activities that Ray Lewis has been accussed of that hurt others. The one thing that is clearly evident is that LT is not fake and unlike Ray, if Ray is guilty, LT owns up to his mistakes, admits his complicity while Ray doesnít.
    Last edited by BuffyBlueII; 01-29-2013 at 04:28 PM.

There's a reason that our judicial system holds people "Innocent until PROVEN guilty"...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    There's a reason that our judicial system holds people "Innocent until PROVEN guilty"...
    Yes it does and in all fairness, Ray Lewis did plead out to an obstruction of justice charge in the murder case. He also did pay monies to the victim’s families. The driver also did change his statements in regard to ray’s involvemement. Obviously none of us were there so we don’t know how involved in the murder Ray was but we do know that he was involved in some way either in the action of commiting the crime or in covering it up which would account for his plea.

I can't believe the amount of people defending Ray Lewis. He may not have actually committed murder. But he absolutely was there, he was absolutely involved in trying to cover it up, and he absolutely took a plea in exchange for flipping on his friends. And he absolutely gave a financial settlement to the victims families. There is no debating these facts. So for all you folks that have faith in our legal system and want to preach "innocent til proven guilty", I applaud your patriotism. You are entitled to your opinion, but in my opinion he got off easy because of who he is, just like many other people with money and power have before.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    I can't believe the amount of people defending Ray Lewis. He may not have actually committed murder. But he absolutely was there, he was absolutely involved in trying to cover it up, and he absolutely took a plea in exchange for flipping on his friends. And he absolutely gave a financial settlement to the victims families. There is no debating these facts. So for all you folks that have faith in our legal system and want to preach "innocent til proven guilty", I applaud your patriotism. You are entitled to your opinion, but in my opinion he got off easy because of who he is, just like many other people with money and power have before.
    witnessing a murder is not committing a murder. A civil suit involves monetary compensation and has nothing to do with a criminal case. The Two "friends" were aquitted of murder because of self defense. Ray Lewis actually was convicted of obstruction of justice and his "friends" werent convicted of anything. His plea saved their asses because he was "THE" witness. Was he there...yep.....was he part of it...no. Dod his friends kills two people yes they did. That was deciding in court. THEY killed in self defense.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/0...-murder-trial/
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    I think having a blood soaked suit that conspicuously disappeared puts him pretty damn close to the murder scene.

If Ray truly knows what happened and refuses to tell the authorities or families, what do you think of him?
    That doesnt change anything...He was obviously there....If there was a altercation with a group of people,whos to say he did anything?
    Ive been in places where bad things have happend,doesnt mean ive ever done anything of that nature.....
    Lets say this, if your bestfriend since birth,maybe was involved in something like this...Are you going to testify & put someone away for life?
    Nobody knows what theyd do until theyre in that situation.......

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    witnessing a murder is not committing a murder. A civil suit involves monetary compensation and has nothing to do with a criminal case. The Two "friends" were aquitted of murder because of self defense. Ray Lewis actually was convicted of obstruction of justice and his "friends" werent convicted of anything. His plea saved their asses because he was "THE" witness. Was he there...yep.....was he part of it...no. Dod his friends kills two people yes they did. That was deciding in court. THEY killed in self defense.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/0...-murder-trial/
    His plea didn’t “save” their asses. Ray, by his own admission wanted everyone to keep silent about the entire ordeal. Then, Ray decided to flip and took the obstruction of justice charge and the other defendents were found not guilty by self defense. The white suit was never recovered and the driver did in fact change his story in regard to Ray. It is obvious that Ray in taking the charge was more involved than some folks would like to admit.

You are entitled to your opinion. I'm sure you feel O.J. is a model citizen also.
    No, there was actual evidence the OJ commited murder....OJ wasnt at the scene of a fight after a nightclub with plenty of other drunk people to point fingers at...

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    No, there was actual evidence the OJ commited murder....OJ wasnt at the scene of a fight after a nightclub with plenty of other drunk people to point fingers at...
    Ok, Again. I really don't think Ray actually committed the murders. But in my opinion, that doesn't make his hands clean of the whole situation. He was there, and he def had something to do with a cover up. And he never did produce the clothes he was wearing. But then again we all just lose our clothes all the time.. I really, really, hope his last memory as a football player, is walking off the field, hanging his head, after a brutal SB loss, or of coarse I would settle for a dislocated hip as a result of his stupid entry dance.

All-Pro
    Ok, Again. I really don't think Ray actually committed the murders. But in my opinion, that doesn't make his hands clean of the whole situation. He was there, and he def had something to do with a cover up. And he never did produce the clothes he was wearing. But then again we all just lose our clothes all the time.. I really, really, hope his last memory as a football player, is walking off the field, hanging his head, after a brutal SB loss, or of coarse I would settle for a dislocated hip as a result of his stupid entry dance.
    what cover up.....his two "friends" were charged with murder and found innocent due to self defense. He was convicted with obstruction of justice....
    The two guys did kill two people in self defense. Thats was decided in court.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

+ Reply to Thread