+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Ray Lewis vs. LT on the field and off

when RL has 2 huge DT in front of him he is a good player. with out the huge DT he is just another player.... it did'n matter who played in front of LT they could not stop him.. LT is why teams HAD to use the 2 TE formation..the best football player who ever play the game i don't know about that.. R.WHITE was a great player!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    So I guess you find it completely normal that a group of guys including a proffesional football player, needed to uses knives to defend themselves against these two men. If it was honest self defense, why didn't they just all come forward from the beginning and call the police. Why wouldn't Lewis just provide the bloody suit to the police. And if they were completley innocent and just "defending" themselves, why would Ray Lewis give money to the families of the people that were attacking him and his friends, that they had to kill, in self defense. Do you smell that fish???
    if you got into a fight and killed somebody in self defense you would go right to the cops and and tell your story??
    OK....right
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    if you got into a fight and killed somebody in self defense you would go right to the cops and and tell your story??
    OK....right

Nah. I would immediately flee the scene, get rid of bloody clothes and cover for my friends that stabbed 1 of the guys 3 times in the chest and 5 times in the liver in self defense.

Quote Originally Posted by BJacobs aka The Problem View Post
    So is thread about football or did I stumble into the GiantsTMZ forum?

Personally, don't give a rats *** about what these guys have done off the field. They'll be judged in whatever way follows suit. Now speaking of their football careers:

Like many have already noted, LT is perhaps the greatest defensive player to play the game. Period. He was a force that had to be accounted for every snap. Offenses had to change because of LT. They just didn't change a play or decide not run his way, they had to change the way they operated in order to have a chance to be successful.

Lewis on the other hand, he's up there in the discussion as one of the best inside linebackers to play the game, but that's it. That's nothing to sneeze at and in no way am I discounting that he will go down as being one of the greats, but there's a huge difference in how opposing teams prepared and entered the game when having to play these two.
    There is a lot of validity in this post.
    In my case, I simply don't want to know. I just want to watch them play and be done with them. Unfortunately, we have to hear all this crap and its hard not to let it effect your opinion of a player.
    Better to just not know.
    Get well soon 80.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    So youve played god & already judged lewis? Theres a reason he wasnt convicted of murder, if the state had any solid evidence that he was the one that killed the guy, hed be in prison till this day....was he there? Obviously. ..does he know what happend? I'm sure...did he actually kill the guy? You & everyone else will never know...
    OJ Was acquitted . Please tell me you have the same reaction when people refer to him as a Murderer.

Veteran
    BTW Back to the topic. LT was more impactful. It's not debatable. Ray is great, and will be one of the best ever, but LT changed the game permanently. Many offensive schemes you see to this day only exist because of one person: Lawrence Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    OK....right
    I think you have too. Cant just leave the scene or try and cover it up because it looks worse. The person looks guilty of something. If youre forthcoming and say it was self defense its more believable.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Nah. I would immediately flee the scene, get rid of bloody clothes and cover for my friends that stabbed 1 of the guys 3 times in the chest and 5 times in the liver in self defense.
    see....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

All-Pro
    LT was just amazing and Lewis in his own right a very special HOF player
    as well.

Off the field LT had his demons and its seems they
    are still with him till this day.

Ray Lewis on the other hand stays clear
    of being a nightly news target. Being associated
    with a murder is a serious issue but that was a long
    time ago, I am not supporting ray lewis but LT's off field
    issues have been documented for years to present.

Lewis seems to have cleaned up his act for awhile now.

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    OJ Was acquitted . Please tell me you have the same reaction when people refer to him as a Murderer.
    there was a reason the nation was shocked when OJ was acquitted & nobody realy cared about Lewis......There was unreal evidence against OJ & the prosecution couldnt even come up with anything solid against lewis besides perhaps not ratting on his friends...

+ Reply to Thread