+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Cold Weather Super Bowl: Ravens' Joe Flacco Not A Fan

  1. #1
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,069

    Cold Weather Super Bowl: Ravens' Joe Flacco Not A Fan

    http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/1/29...-roger-goodell

    Excerpt: Baltimore Raven's' quarterback Joe Flacco apologized Tuesday for calling the idea of playing a Super Bowl outdoors in cold weather "******ed," but didn't back off his criticism of the idea. The 2014 Super Bowl, of course, is being played at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.JHere is what Flacco, whose Baltimore Ravens face the San Francisco 49ers in the 2013 Super Bowl in New Orleans, said on Monday:

    "I think it's ******ed," Flacco, a native of New Jersey, told reporters on Monday after the Ravens arrived in New Orleans for Super Bowl XLVII. "I probably shouldn't say that. I think it's stupid. If you want a Super Bowl, put a retractable dome on your stadium. Then you can get one.

    "Other than that, I don't really like the idea. I don't think people would react very well to it, or be glad to play anybody in that kind of weather." Read more...

    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  2. #2
    All-Pro titwio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bronx NYC
    Posts
    8,824
    Well good news for him is he likely won't be there to play in it anyway. And if he is...then it's still good news cause then "he'll HAVE to play in it"...hopefully against the Giants.
    Last edited by titwio; 01-29-2013 at 04:28 PM.

  3. #3

    Unhappy boo hoo!

    Flacco is already complaining about next years SB at met life, Too cold!! he acts like they will be back again as a gimme!

  4. #4
    i saw that. im surprised it wasnt a hot topic around here. ddnt he actually call it moronic or stupid or something and then immediatly back track?

    ud think he'd be bright enough to realize he plays in an outdoor stadium in the cold weather we play in. if balt was to make it vs a dome team, lets say NO, doesnt flacco get that balt would have the advantage? and since he plays in cold weather outdoor stadium, theres no way he could be at a disadvantage in an outdoor cold weather SB...def. odd thing from flacco to say

  5. #5
    god i hope we're the first home team in a SB lol

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i saw that. im surprised it wasnt a hot topic around here. ddnt he actually call it moronic or stupid or something and then immediatly back track?

    ud think he'd be bright enough to realize he plays in an outdoor stadium in the cold weather we play in. if balt was to make it vs a dome team, lets say NO, doesnt flacco get that balt would have the advantage? and since he plays in cold weather outdoor stadium, theres no way he could be at a disadvantage in an outdoor cold weather SB...def. odd thing from flacco to say
    he said it was "******ed". that right there shows you his mindset . hope they never see a SB again!!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by tcseacliff View Post
    he said it was "******ed". that right there shows you his mindset . hope they never see a SB again!!
    yeah thats right. i was shocked he called it that. horrible thing to say imo...he backtracked right after he said it bc he knew it wasnt p.c....

    and he also aint thinking bout the fans all that much either bc i know a lot of fans like myself, would love to see a SB played in the conditions, like snow...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by tcseacliff View Post
    Flacco is already complaining about next years SB at met life, Too cold!! he acts like they will be back again as a gimme!
    For a guy who just won at Denver and at New England in January he sure has a misconception of how cold it gets in New Jersey.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    For a guy who just won at Denver and at New England in January he sure has a misconception of how cold it gets in New Jersey.
    Even more odd since he grew up here (NJ)
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

  10. #10
    I can't stand Flacco, all the hype about this guy and his multiple playoff appearances. Everybody knows it's their defense that always has them in contention.


+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts