+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will a lack of speed hold the Giants back?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Offense was... specifically, we couldn't run the ball at all, and our attempts to pass were often easily disrupted, resulting in way too many three-and-outs. That says to me: DRAFT A BLOODY OFFENSIVE TACKLE IN ROUND ONE...

In all seriousness, we held Philly to 19 and the skins to 17 (they would have 20 instead if we had converted late in the game, as they had the ball). Defense is NOT the main problem with this team, no matter how much people complain about the 500 yards/game thing. Could it use some work? Yes. But it doesn't need to be blown up...
    I don't see how offensive tackle was the problem in any of those games.

This board has some strange offensive linemen issues. First it was Diehl is a great OT because they won two superbowls with him at LT. Then this year Beatty is a top 10 LT and somehow he is the problem.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    this new wave of offense caught everyone off guard!

i think some d-coordinator(s) will come up with a defense to repel this!

of course speed will help in everything they do!
    I 100% agree with your your second sentence. Same thing happened when D coordinators figured out Vick, Cam Newton, and the wildcat after a year worth of film on them. The giants have one of the most athletic front 7s in football when we play the nickel D. JPP, Williams, Boley, Rivers etc. Back half could use a little more speed with the exception of Prince.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    I have to agree with you, but the rumor is Rivers at MLB next year... DE or CB in the first round.
    I heard that too. I wasn't sure he had the size for it. I think he has a ton of talent. Just hope he can stay on the field . If he does go to the middle, we will need s speed guy for outside again. Does Rivers have any experience in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    this new wave of offense caught everyone off guard!

i think some d-coordinator(s) will come up with a defense to repel this!

of course speed will help in everything they do!
    Agreed

Veteran
    I'd be more concerned with lack of effort.

Starter
    Michael Boley started to worry me down the road. He was probably the slowest non-lineman on the team and couldn't play in coverage at all.

+ Reply to Thread