+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Beatty was a tremendous run blocker. I don't know where people get this finesse thing with him. He haven't been since his rookie year.
    people dont like changing their mindsets. i have wondered why there was a dislike of beatty from actually a large % of giants fans...the guy has very good footwork, and is very athletic for a LT really. not the most athletic but certainly athletic enough. and he also plays with anger now and then altho i wish he'd display that mean streak more consistently...Beatty at LT is the least of our worries imo

  2. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Posts
    1,619
    I think we have speed in Williams and Rivers. The big key is ends setting edges and tackles clogging the middle. We haven't been doing a good job limiting running lanes. If we go too light, we will get beat up in the middle worse than last year. I still think our weakest link at this time is MLB. We don't have that fix on the team. No money for a FA. And slim to no chance a draft pick would be allowed to step in. This year will tell Fewell's story. If he has the ability to fix this defense or not.

    PS. I think Beatty did a good job this season. I didn't think he was overpowered.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by rar57 View Post
    I was listening to Espn tonight and one of the nfl commentators mentioned that Baltimore was going to attack the handoff area upfield to force the qb to make a hasty decison, and not sit and read whether he hands the ball off or keeps it.
    If any team is going to blueprint how to stop this option it will be Baltimore. The "Wildcat" was unstoppable until Miami met Baltimore and it has been fading since.

    I am not sure that it will happen in this game though. Baltimores defense isn't dominant anymore. Lewis is a shell of himself, Sizzle isn't fully recovered and Pollard can't cover.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    I think we have speed in Williams and Rivers. The big key is ends setting edges and tackles clogging the middle. We haven't been doing a good job limiting running lanes. If we go too light, we will get beat up in the middle worse than last year. I still think our weakest link at this time is MLB. We don't have that fix on the team. No money for a FA. And slim to no chance a draft pick would be allowed to step in. This year will tell Fewell's story. If he has the ability to fix this defense or not.

    PS. I think Beatty did a good job this season. I didn't think he was overpowered.
    this is a good post. but let me ask u, do u think if we had stellar DT play, that an avg MLB can look good? Bc to some extent, I think thats true...Im all for upgrading the MLB spot, just not with anything too valuable that could be used elsewhere. ex. like if there were a FA MLB who was a little pricey, I'd rather stay with CB and try to re-sign both nicks n cruz...or if theres a choice between a mlb and any other position of the same value on JRs big board in the first 3 rounds, I'd rather not take the MLB route

    We missed Canty for most of the season and i dont think he ever really got going. his play this season reminded me of his first playing season with us after the injury when we signed him. didnt have too good a year bc he didnt catch up to the level others were at which is my theory on what happened this year with the DT's. I thought joseph did well in spurts but also kinda disappeared.

    Ultimately, id rather a stout DT before a MLB bc a great DT will free up whoevers the MLB behind him...and added a great DT helps the DE's get sacsk
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 01-30-2013 at 02:50 AM.

  5. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Posts
    1,619
    We had a lot of injuries at DT. We still don't know what we have in our new guys. Agreed that we can definitely use another solid tackle. We may have talent coming up at DE. We just don't know what what those young guys are capable of. I don't think we have the money go make a FA buy at MLB. I'd love to draft a top MLB. But would TC give him a green light to play? It would be a wasted pick to take one and not play him in a position that needs immediate fixing. I wish he would give younger guys a chance to step up more often. Chase and Herz aren't the answer. They hurt us on runs and passes.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    We had a lot of injuries at DT. We still don't know what we have in our new guys. Agreed that we can definitely use another solid tackle. We may have talent coming up at DE. We just don't know what what those young guys are capable of. I don't think we have the money go make a FA buy at MLB. I'd love to draft a top MLB. But would TC give him a green light to play? It would be a wasted pick to take one and not play him in a position that needs immediate fixing. I wish he would give younger guys a chance to step up more often. Chase and Herz aren't the answer. They hurt us on runs and passes.
    another good post. agreed

  7. #17
    All-Pro Captain Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Alexandria, Va
    Posts
    10,739
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    We had a lot of injuries at DT. We still don't know what we have in our new guys. Agreed that we can definitely use another solid tackle. We may have talent coming up at DE. We just don't know what what those young guys are capable of. I don't think we have the money go make a FA buy at MLB. I'd love to draft a top MLB. But would TC give him a green light to play? It would be a wasted pick to take one and not play him in a position that needs immediate fixing. I wish he would give younger guys a chance to step up more often. Chase and Herz aren't the answer. They hurt us on runs and passes.
    I have to agree with you, but the rumor is Rivers at MLB next year... DE or CB in the first round.

  8. #18
    Veteran Jahh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    I have to agree with you, but the rumor is Rivers at MLB next year... DE or CB in the first round.
    Rivers isn't even under contract for next year, is he?

  9. #19
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    38,492
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
    If any team is going to blueprint how to stop this option it will be Baltimore. The "Wildcat" was unstoppable until Miami met Baltimore and it has been fading since.

    I am not sure that it will happen in this game though. Baltimores defense isn't dominant anymore. Lewis is a shell of himself, Sizzle isn't fully recovered and Pollard can't cover.
    Pollard doesn't need to cover to be successful against the option. He just needs to tackle well

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Speed wasent their problem against the eagles or redskins.
    Offense was... specifically, we couldn't run the ball at all, and our attempts to pass were often easily disrupted, resulting in way too many three-and-outs. That says to me: DRAFT A BLOODY OFFENSIVE TACKLE IN ROUND ONE...

    In all seriousness, we held Philly to 19 and the skins to 17 (they would have 20 instead if we had converted late in the game, as they had the ball). Defense is NOT the main problem with this team, no matter how much people complain about the 500 yards/game thing. Could it use some work? Yes. But it doesn't need to be blown up...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts