+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45
  1. #1
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,219

    Per Waltfootball, Giants scout overherad saying "thats my LT" about L.Johnson..

    Walt football mocked Lane Johnson to us at pick 20 in todays Mock and at the end of his reasonings why, he said it helps matters that a GIANTS scout was recently overheard saying "Thats my LT" referring to the athletic pass blocker from Oklahoma..

    Obviously i don't know how much truth there is to this, and could mean nothing, but in draft threads, anything GIANTS goes....


    Heres the Pick and stuff walt wrote...


    New York Giants: Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
    The offensive tackle position is a mess for the Giants. Will Beatty and Sean Locklear are both free agents, while David Diehl has transformed into a human turnstile recently. This is an area that desperately needs to be addressed to keep Eli Manning from getting too banged up as he advances into his 30s.

    Lane Johnson had a terrific Senior Bowl and is now in top-20 consideration. Sealing the deal here is that a Giants scout was recently overheard saying, "that's my left tackle."

  2. #2
    I've heard this story too from some other source. Lane Johnson looked very good.

  3. #3
    Really like the player but I don't buy the scout saying that as any serious indicator of where we are going. For all we know, he just has Lane Johnson ranked #1 for tackles. We might as well just focus on resigning Beatty and take advantage of the fact the Ts this FA class are deep.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Walt football mocked Lane Johnson to us at pick 20 in todays Mock and at the end of his reasonings why, he said it helps matters that a GIANTS scout was recently overheard saying "Thats my LT" referring to the athletic pass blocker from Oklahoma..

    Obviously i don't know how much truth there is to this, and could mean nothing, but in draft threads, anything GIANTS goes....


    Heres the Pick and stuff walt wrote...


    New York Giants: Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
    The offensive tackle position is a mess for the Giants. Will Beatty and Sean Locklear are both free agents, while David Diehl has transformed into a human turnstile recently. This is an area that desperately needs to be addressed to keep Eli Manning from getting too banged up as he advances into his 30s.

    Lane Johnson had a terrific Senior Bowl and is now in top-20 consideration. Sealing the deal here is that a Giants scout was recently overheard saying, "that's my left tackle."
    Anyone who compares someone to LT should be kicked in the ding-ding on general principle.

    And then be forced to watch LT film for a month so they know WTF they're talking about next time.

  5. #5
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    37,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Anyone who compares someone to LT should be kicked in the ding-ding on general principle.

    And then be forced to watch LT film for a month so they know WTF they're talking about next time.
    That's my left tackle, not that's my Lawrence Taylor

  6. #6
    All-Pro Carter.525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Omaha!, NJ
    Posts
    8,783
    I would welocme the Lane Johnson pick at #19..

  7. #7
    Starter PBTimmons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Penn
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Really like the player but I don't buy the scout saying that as any serious indicator of where we are going. For all we know, he just has Lane Johnson ranked #1 for tackles. We might as well just focus on resigning Beatty and take advantage of the fact the Ts this FA class are deep.
    Spot on. Scout is probably really high on this guy but it is no indication of the direction the Giants will go in the draft. It only tells us that they like this guy and he's a possibility.

    I think drafting for the O-line is an investment in the future, but a FA will almost always produce as good or better than most rookies.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    That's my left tackle, not that's my Lawrence Taylor
    Some people take offense if you use the letters "LT" to refer to anything other than Taylor, whether it's Left Tackle, Ladanian Tomlinson, Lord & Taylor, Light Truck, or Looney Tunes...


    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Walt football mocked Lane Johnson to us at pick 20 in todays Mock and at the end of his reasonings why, he said it helps matters that a GIANTS scout was recently overheard saying "Thats my LT" referring to the athletic pass blocker from Oklahoma..

    Obviously i don't know how much truth there is to this, and could mean nothing, but in draft threads, anything GIANTS goes....


    Heres the Pick and stuff walt wrote...


    New York Giants: Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
    The offensive tackle position is a mess for the Giants. Will Beatty and Sean Locklear are both free agents, while David Diehl has transformed into a human turnstile recently. This is an area that desperately needs to be addressed to keep Eli Manning from getting too banged up as he advances into his 30s.

    Lane Johnson had a terrific Senior Bowl and is now in top-20 consideration. Sealing the deal here is that a Giants scout was recently overheard saying, "that's my left tackle."
    That was from the Matt Miller Walt should be giving him credit for that

  10. #10
    Veteran Mlerman17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Binghamton/L.I., NY
    Posts
    789
    Well if it is the pick (most likely not) and we resign Beatty than we will suddenly have a a much improved oline that will be strong for years (at least at the tackle spot).


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts