+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Mosley,a rookie that ended up on IR looked like a wasted pick & brewer is your real hope!?? Maybe I'm missing something but that sounds insane to me....brewer is a bum & has shown nothing to make anyone believe otherwise
    I agree. At best, we haven't seen enough of Mosely to know one way or the other. Same could be said of Brewer but after two years, that's a bit telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I agree. At best, we haven't seen enough of Mosely to know one way or the other. Same could be said of Brewer but after two years, that's a bit telling.
    Brewer looked like a 2 year project to me when they drafted him. If he doesnt get on the field this year than most likely he is just a back up. He was a 4th rounder though so thats not really the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    McCants is still on our roster? He was cut. No one else wanted him, so he is back I guess. He will get cut again. I saw absolutely nothing with him in the preseason. He looked like he never played a game of football in his life. Can he rebound, maybe, but unlikely.

Im wasn't comparing Diehl to Jones based on where they got or will get drafted. Jones played on Alabama's line which will help his draft stock big time. What I was comparing was the fact both can play every position on the line. If he is there with our #2 pick and we didnt get an OL in the first, Id draft him.
    Mccants had awful technique in college.It was known coming in he was a total project and was most likely a PS guy. he did worse than I thought but I still liked the pick. He had real good measurements it was worth take a shot on trying to coach him up

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Mccants had awful technique in college.It was known coming in he was a total project and was most likely a PS guy. he did worse than I thought but I still liked the pick. He had real good measurements it was worth take a shot on trying to coach him up
    Although he ended up being a free agent, James Brown of Troy was a guy who I would've had over McCants. Brown's fall is puzzling considering he started 3 games at Guard this season for CHI.

Agreed though, its too early to tell for many of these guys but the draft could be very telling in regard to Reese's feeling of where these guys are at.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Although he ended up being a free agent, James Brown of Troy was a guy who I would've had over McCants. Brown's fall is puzzling considering he started 3 games at Guard this season for CHI.

Agreed though, its too early to tell for many of these guys but the draft could be very telling in regard to Reese's feeling of where these guys are at.
    I guess they wanted a tackle, not sure

Scouts from three organizations told the Chicago Tribune that rookie G/T James Brown was removed from their draft boards due to off-field issues.
    http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...ards-mel-kiper

Brewer looked like a 2 year project to me when they drafted him. If he doesnt get on the field this year than most likely he is just a back up. He was a 4th rounder though so thats not really the end of the world.
    Agreed, although after this past preseason he looked closer to a 10 year project.

Also very athletic.. Athletic OT's with LT potential tend to get picked even with shoddy Technique because u can coach Technique, but not measurables and size(sound familiar??lol)

People dissing James Brewer are clueless at the kinda potential he has.. He came in as a guy we all knew needed at least 2 seasons of being coached up in the technique area of his game, and gathering expiernece, and now we come into YR3.. Now if he does nothing this yr, its safe to say hes a bust, but i for one, am far from thinking that yet.. I loved the pick, and a kid whos 6ft 6in 330lbs and can move his feet like he does with them long arms and athletic ability , is worth the wait in my book.. Again, this is the yr though.. if he does nothing this yr, i could deal with people saying hes a bust...

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Agreed, although after this past preseason he looked closer to a 10 year project.
    LOL yeah

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    So would we pay Beatty to be a LT & degrade him to RT? Or pick a Tackle in the top 20 to play RT....sounds kinda like a conflict
    Wait, WHAT!? We're switching to a 3-4 and BEATTY is going to play LT's old spot at rush linebacker!? WTF is wrong with our front office!?! OH NO!