+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Per Waltfootball, Giants scout overherad saying "thats my LT" about L.Johnson..

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    I thought McCants looked better than Mosley, but that's not saying much.
    McCants got cut, Mosely got put on IR. I thought they both looked like wasted picks. Brewer is my real hope. If we resign Beatty, and Brewer comes along, we may need an inside guy like Barrett Jones. To be honest, Jones sounds like a perfect fit for us, like a Young David Diehl type lineman. Very versatile. I wouldnt want to pick him at 19 though.

5trive for Fiv5

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    McCants got cut, Mosely got put on IR. I thought they both looked like wasted picks. Brewer is my real hope. If we resign Beatty, and Brewer comes along, we may need an inside guy like Barrett Jones. To be honest, Jones sounds like a perfect fit for us, like a Young David Diehl type lineman. Very versatile. I wouldnt want to pick him at 19 though.
    Agree about all your points, if the Giants signed down Beatty and Brewer comes along interior linemen is the way to go. I would be thrilled if they draft Travis Frederick, keep him at LG and if or when Bass goes move Travis to the C spot. Frederick has played all thru out the interior of the Wis. line and done that very well.

Well both mccants and Mosley are still on the roster.

As for jones being like Diehl, Diehl was a 5th round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    I thought McCants looked better than Mosley, but that's not saying much.
    Go back and look at the Patriots preseason game . . . . McMCants is the worst OL I have ever seen and appeared to just basically give up during the game.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Well both mccants and Mosley are still on the roster.

As for jones being like Diehl, Diehl was a 5th round pick.
    McCants is still on our roster? He was cut. No one else wanted him, so he is back I guess. He will get cut again. I saw absolutely nothing with him in the preseason. He looked like he never played a game of football in his life. Can he rebound, maybe, but unlikely.

Im wasn't comparing Diehl to Jones based on where they got or will get drafted. Jones played on Alabama's line which will help his draft stock big time. What I was comparing was the fact both can play every position on the line. If he is there with our #2 pick and we didnt get an OL in the first, Id draft him.

5trive for Fiv5

McCants is still on our roster? He was cut. No one else wanted him, so he is back I guess. He will get cut again. I saw absolutely nothing with him in the preseason. He looked like he never played a game of football in his life. Can he rebound, maybe, but unlikely.

Im wasn't comparing Diehl to Jones based on where they got or will get drafted. Jones played on Alabama's line which will help his draft stock big time. What I was comparing was the fact both can play every position on the line. If he is there with our #2 pick and we didnt get an OL in the first, Id draft him.
    Well lots of players look bad their first preseason. I'm not saying he will be better, but being cut that early into a career doesn't mean that much.

It bothers me that people over state the value of these guys. Jones is an intelligent guy, but not a great power center. Not a mauler. There isn't a ton of value in that, especially when the giants already have a fairly capable center. Put jones at guard and his lack of power is more of an issue. And his intelligence less helpful.

Well lots of players look bad their first preseason. I'm not saying he will be better, but being cut that early into a career doesn't mean that much.

It bothers me that people over state the value of these guys. Jones is an intelligent guy, but not a great power center. Not a mauler. There isn't a ton of value in that, especially when the giants already have a fairly capable center. Put jones at guard and his lack of power is more of an issue. And his intelligence less helpful.
    Give me Travis Frederick in the 2nd, great value in him because he has experience playing all around the interior. Would love to have him in the 3rd but don't think he's going last. He's NFL ready to plug and play and could be the future C when Bass hits the road.

Jones is overrated on this board

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Go back and look at the Patriots preseason game . . . . McMCants is the worst OL I have ever seen and appeared to just basically give up during the game.
    Mosley wasn't much better, if he was even better at all. He looked pitiful when they tried him out as a guard. McCants made it to the PS, but cut for CB help.

Mosley,a rookie that ended up on IR looked like a wasted pick & brewer is your real hope!?? Maybe I'm missing something but that sounds insane to me....brewer is a bum & has shown nothing to make anyone believe otherwise

+ Reply to Thread