+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft!!!

Mock Draft!!!

1st round) Ezekiel Ansah, BYU: DE: (6-5, 270, Sr.)

The Cougars' big defensive lineman boasts a unique combination of size and speed that will get scouts excited. He is a raw prospect with much to learn about the end, tackle or outside backer position. He could play in either a 3-4 or 4-3 scheme at a variety of positions. Kyle Van Noy got most of the offensive line attention but Ansah showed loads of growth in 2012. He posted 57 tackles, 13.0 tackles for loss and 4.5 sacks. shows the athleticism that Jerry Reese loves this kid has crazy upside!!!

2nd round) Larry Warford, Kentucky:G: (6-3, 330, Sr.)
    Kentucky has not been good in 2012 but it hasnít been Warfordís fault. He has elite size and has long been considered one of the top blockers in the SEC. He faces elite defenses each and every weekend, including a few potential first rounders like Sheldon Richardson and Sharrif Floyd, and more than holds his own. His teams are generally overmatched, making his efforts even more impressive due to work ethic and toughness.

3rd round)Shayne Skov, Stanford:LB: (6-3, 242, Sr.)
    Off the field issues,injuries and a DUI have slowed Skovís career over the last few seasons. Yet, his impact was immediate when he stepped on campus. He leads one of the best front sevens in the game with elite size and physicality. He is an extremely tough player with tremendous instincts and tackling ability. If healthy and focused, he might be one of the most talented players in the nation at his position.

4th round) RaíShede Hageman, Minnesota T: (6-6, 300, Jr.)
    This massive prospect has been a late mover on draft boards. He has a huge frame with plenty of room to add bulk and power. He also hasn't played a ton of football so his better days are well of ahead of him. He has quickly proven to be a productive member of an improving defense. He has extremely intriguing upside and could be a value pick in the early middle rounds.

5th round)Tharold Simon, LSU:CB: (6-2, 190, Jr.)
    One guy that isnít lacking for elite NFL size is Simon. He was used in 2011 as a coverman as Mathieu was pushed into a nickel role on passing downs. He has a huge frame that is long and extremely athletic. He will need plenty of polish before he can start on the next level, but make no mistake about the Bayou Bengal's tremendous raw upside. Few players have more athleticism and size than LSUís top coverman.

6th round) Cameron Fleming - Stanford:T: (6'6 308 lbs)
    Fleming is a young lineman with a long way to go in his development, but one who could have a bright future ahead of him. He's got great size for a right tackle, and he's an effective run blocker. Fleming needs to improve his technique against smaller, quicker defenders, but could be a mauler at the next level if he continues to develop.

7th round) Greg Reid - Florida State:CB: ( 5'9 175 lbs)
    Reid was a potential high round pick before he got himself kicked out of FSU. Undersized, but good ball skills, should get a look as a late round flier seems like a Jerry Reese pick

So for the oline you're projecting we have:

Diehl, Boothe, Beatty, Locklear, Snee, Baas, Petrus, Brewer, Cordle, McCants, Mosely, Warford, Hageman and Fleming?

That's a lot of oline

And for CBs we'll have CWeb, Prince, Hosely, Tryon, Terrence, Reid, and Simon?

That's a lot of CBs

My only beef here is that you don't draft a T until round 6. Warford is a nice pickup, but I'd rather see a T early and a G later for development purposes to take over for Snee. Just my $.02

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post

Diehl, Boothe, Beatty, Locklear, Snee, Baas, Petrus, Brewer, Cordle, McCants, Mosely, Warford, Hageman and Fleming?

That's a lot of oline

That's a lot of CBs
    Not sure if your joking or not with the smile faces but u need to make cuts every season. its not like the CB's or OLineman are that good that u have the need to keep all the 1's from last year
    I would expect Cweb, Prince, Hosley ,Simon would be locks the other guys would fight for 1 or 2 spots.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 01-30-2013 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    My only beef here is that you don't draft a T until round 6. Warford is a nice pickup, but I'd rather see a T early and a G later for development purposes to take over for Snee. Just my $.02
    I really hope Snee was just hurt this season he is to young for a Guard to start a decline already

On a side note I think it was a mistake for Van Noy not to declare. I dont see him putting up the same season without Ansah

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post

That's a lot of oline

That's a lot of CBs
    Locklear may not make it back -- his injury was real bad.

McCants and Mosley are paractice squadders who are by no means assured a spot on the team.

Cordle and Brewer will be gone if we use a higher pick on OT/G

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Locklear may not make it back -- his injury was real bad.

McCants and Mosley are paractice squadders who are by no means assured a spot on the team.

Cordle and Brewer will be gone if we use a higher pick on OT/G
    If we got Greg Reid in the 7th round, that could be the steal of the draft. Great corner, great return man and was a gamechanger for FSU. Probably the only player with any ties to FSU in this draft that I would want.

I like the Warford & Skov picks.. I feel Ansah is a pipe dream now..
    (1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Joel Bitonio, OL Nevada - (3)CJ Fiedorowicz, TE Iowa
    (4)Brandon Coleman, WR Rutgers - (5)Bryan Stork, C Florida State - (5)Khairi Fortt, LB California
    (6)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I really hope Snee was just hurt this season he is to young for a Guard to start a decline already
    He's 31... that said, I too hope that it was just that hip injury that was bothering him this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Not sure if your joking or not with the smile faces but u need to make cuts every season. its not like the CB's or OLineman are that good that u have the need to keep all the 1's from last year
    I would expect Cweb, Prince, Hosley ,Simon would be locks the other guys would fight for 1 or 2 spots.
    My point was that you only keep 8 oline and 4 CBs normally ... so which 6 and 3 do you cut/not sign respectively?

In other words, I think he double (and triple) dipped too much in his mock.

+ Reply to Thread