+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    My point was that you only keep 8 oline and 4 CBs normally ... so which 6 and 3 do you cut/not sign respectively?

In other words, I think he double (and triple) dipped too much in his mock.
    4 CB's is not enough and I wouldnt mind cutting any of the guys after the 4 I listed Pricne,Web,Hosley,Simon the rest suck anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    4 CB's is not enough and I wouldnt mind cutting any of the guys after the 4 I listed Pricne,Web,Hosley,Simon the rest suck anyway
    Really? You're saying the 5th round prospect who hasn't played a down in the NFL (not to mention our system) is a keeper?

That's brave.

Really? You're saying the 5th round prospect who hasn't played a down in the NFL (not to mention our system) is a keeper?That's brave.
    U never know but Richard Sherman was a 5th round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    U never know ....
    My only point.

Really? You're saying the 5th round prospect who hasn't played a down in the NFL (not to mention our system) is a keeper?

That's brave.
    You have to consider that the Giants rarely cut a player in his 1st year or they at least get to go on the PS. McCants has to be the worst prospect I've ever seen for the Giants in recent years and even he is still around for us. This team does let most of their rookies play out 2-3 years of their rookie contracts before they are let go. So it is a safe bet to assume that 5th round CB John Doe would be a roster lock heading into 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    You have to consider that the Giants rarely cut a player in his 1st year or they at least get to go on the PS. McCants has to be the worst prospect I've ever seen for the Giants in recent years and even he is still around for us. This team does let most of their rookies play out 2-3 years of their rookie contracts before they are let go. So it is a safe bet to assume that 5th round CB John Doe would be a roster lock heading into 2013.
    That's only true of picks 1-3. Everyone else is expendable (re: Phillip Dillard).

That's only true of picks 1-3. Everyone else is expendable (re: Phillip Dillard).
    Even Dillard played out his rookie year. I guess I should have just said that drafted rookies essentially have to murder someone or be involved in some huge bank robbery to be cut from the team.

Yeah a 5th rounder I dont think they would let loose.The only 1 that hasnt made the roster in recent memory was Bomar. They just dont carry 3 QB's. I actually think Simon is better than he is given credit for and if if the Giants wanted to play a more physical zone system he would be an ideal target. Sanders Cummings is another guy that would work.

Even Dillard played out his rookie year. I guess I should have just said that drafted rookies essentially have to murder someone or be involved in some huge bank robbery to be cut from the team.
    Under Reese every Draft pick in the first 5 rounds has made the 53 man roster except Bomar

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Under Reese every Draft pick in the first 5 rounds has made the 53 man roster except Bomar
    Most of the 6 and 7th rounders have as well, apart from QBs.

2007 everyone made it rookie year
    2008 DE Henderson went on IR, QB Woodson to the practice squad
    2009 was really the fluke year, both the late round CBs they drafted got waived, (largely because UDFA Bruce Johnson outplayed them), Bomar was originally waived and put on the practice squad, but then made the active roster later in the season.
    2010 everyone made it
    2011 everyone made it
    2012 McCants went to the practice squad, Mosley went on IR. Otherwise everyone made it.

So really the rookies are almost guaranteed to make the team, provided they arent either a QB, or a late round OL.