+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NY Giants May Benefit By Investing In A New Kicker This Offseason

NY Giants May Benefit By Investing In A New Kicker This Offseason

http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/30/...his-offseason/

Excerpt: "Similarly to every other position in the NFL, today's kickers are simply better athletes than their predecessors. When an athlete realizes at a young age that they possess enough athletic prowess to make it to the NFL, developing the skills to kick has become an extremely attractive option. Kickers make nearly the average salary ofNFL running backs and take next to no beating whatsoever.

Young athletes and their parents have taken note, and more than ever there is an infusion of real athleticism at the kicker position.

With so much more emphasis onfootball than soccer in the United States, talented soccer players are often opting out of a life of bouncing between farm teams in favor of trying their hand at kicking a football. The infusion of talent at the NFL level has been noticeable.

The list of impressive kickers to burst onto the scene in the last several years in the NFL has been quite impressive. Blair Walsh, Alex Henry, Dan Bailey, Justin Tucker, Greg Zuerlein and Kai Forbath make up what is rapidly being considered the best group of kickers in the NFL." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Wonder what Matt Dodge is up to these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Wonder what Matt Dodge is up to these days?
    He was worked out by the Bears in the 2012 preseason when their starting punter Podlesh got hurt. The hilarious thing would have been had he made the preseason roster, since he'd be up against the Giants in Preseason week 3.

Veteran
    I'm all for bringing in a kicker to compete with Tynes. But will the Giants do it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    I'm all for bringing in a kicker to compete with Tynes. But will the Giants do it?????
    They will if they see a need. Look at the future/reserve contracts they've already announced.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    depends how much money Tynes is looking for in free agency

GET WELL SOON

Tynes got the yips last season.....

We can't afford to overpay for an average kicker. Time to move on and get some youth with a strong leg.

how much is tynes making per year? isn't it upwards of a few mil? if we could draft a kicker who can come on and be legit right away and save some money, I'd def consider that a viable option. especially since some of these rookie kickers this season have been amazing...baltimores kicker, washingtons kicker iirc, the rams kicker iirc (dont pay too much attn to kickers could have confused teams apologies if I did)....

tynes has made a lot of clutch kicks for us, but i just flat dislike how from 50 on, hes not good. a kicker who can make 50 yd fgs regularly could have meant a win in philly and the postseason this yr but thats pretty irrational considering tynes scored a ton of points for us, who knows if a rookie fg kicker makes the ones tynes did...he was pretty money from like 45 on in...

WOWW he's actually making a lot more than i thought he was...5 yrs 7 Mill see ya Tynes

GET WELL SOON

+ Reply to Thread