Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
how much is tynes making per year? isn't it upwards of a few mil? if we could draft a kicker who can come on and be legit right away and save some money, I'd def consider that a viable option. especially since some of these rookie kickers this season have been amazing...baltimores kicker, washingtons kicker iirc, the rams kicker iirc (dont pay too much attn to kickers could have confused teams apologies if I did)....

tynes has made a lot of clutch kicks for us, but i just flat dislike how from 50 on, hes not good. a kicker who can make 50 yd fgs regularly could have meant a win in philly and the postseason this yr but thats pretty irrational considering tynes scored a ton of points for us, who knows if a rookie fg kicker makes the ones tynes did...he was pretty money from like 45 on in...
Think he made around 1.5mil in 2012? Considering how much stronger and developed these kickers are coming out of college now, it would be in the Giants best interest to not allow Tynes to get too pushy in these negotiations. We can make some decent cap space by just taking a 7th round or even UDFA rookie to replace what Tynes primarily does for this team - short to intermediate range FGs. Heck, we might actually not have to punt as much around the 50+ range either.