+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    unless the team can find a kicker who is better than Tynes and will sign for the vet minimum then it will be Tynes next year

Quote Originally Posted by thomasjmarino View Post
    Don't you think it's about time?
    I mean, no offense, we appreciate that he kicked us to 2 Super Bowls but how many more games does the old man have left in his right leg?
    Why wasn't he on the field in the first Eagles game with 24 seconds left and no timeouts?
    He couldn't kick a 42 yard field goal????
    Still can't figure that one out.
    That win would have put us in the playoffs.
    Is another year older going to make Coughlin even less confident?
    I have no loyalty to Tynes. If they can find better, great. But the things that went wrong in that Eagle game have nothing to do with Tynes. Of all the things that kept us out of the playoffs this year, he is at the bottom of the list.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    unless the team can find a kicker who is better than Tynes and will sign for the vet minimum then it will be Tynes next year
    I get the feeling they aren't interested in a kicker right now, even though he can't kick anything over 50yrds he's consistent when it's 40 yards or less and the Giants are satisfied with that.

The kicker from FSU has a huge leg. he can kick them 55 easy

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    I have no loyalty to Tynes. If they can find better, great. But the things that went wrong in that Eagle game have nothing to do with Tynes. Of all the things that kept us out of the playoffs this year, he is at the bottom of the list.
    Not saying Tynes was the reason.
    Maybe you should read it again....

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    I get the feeling they aren't interested in a kicker right now, even though he can't kick anything over 50yrds he's consistent when it's 40 yards or less and the Giants are satisfied with that.
    Weren't satisfied against the Eagles.
    I think he would have put it right through the uprights!

Quote Originally Posted by thomasjmarino View Post
    Weren't satisfied against the Eagles.
    I think he would have put it right through the uprights!
    You do realize that it is very probable that the original play call was for a safe play to gain a few more yards for the FG and that Eli liked the coverage he saw and changed the play at the line. They certainly didn't throw that bomb because they didn't trust Tynes from 40.