+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Osi Umenyiora Not Expected To Be Re-Signed By Giants

everyone says good but now we have 1 good pass rusher on the whole team. I wasn't a fan of Osi's antics in 2011 but he was a damn good football player for the Giants...people are so quick to write him and Tuck and Webby off....people that won us 2 superbowls

we say good because he constantly complained and he was over paid. not that he wasnt good DWJPP

Coughlin using his Tablet

More beating a dead horse. The draft cant get here soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    everyone says good but now we have 1 good pass rusher on the whole team. I wasn't a fan of Osi's antics in 2011 but he was a damn good football player for the Giants...people are so quick to write him and Tuck and Webby off....people that won us 2 superbowls
    How was a good player for the giants this past season? The NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" organization. He is a one dimensional player and that is it. I would only be down for him coming back as a back up, for passing downs only, and as a player getting a back up's salary.
    Close or you hit the bricks

I honestly hate to see Osi go.... I thought he helped our defense a great deal. I wish him well wherever he ends up.

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    Even Joe Montana, the best QB in history IMO, eventually got traded despite leading his team to 4 Super Bowl wins. Business is business. When a player appears to be on the decline, a franchise will and should get rid of them and get whatever they can for them. I think you're being a little too personal with our players. Players come and go.
    Close or you hit the bricks

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    How was a good player for the giants this past season? The NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" organization. He is a one dimensional player and that is it. I would only be down for him coming back as a back up, for passing downs only, and as a player getting a back up's salary.
    never said he had a good year last year....but you guys are treating him like he was some sort of Bum or bust. he has 76 sacks for this organization. He was a good player here.

Banned
    Osi helped us win 2 Superbowls. Why all the hate? He was a great Giant... a complainer but a great Giant nontheless. Geez!

Veteran
    Osi helped us win 2 SBs and Giant fans are grateful , but he's useless now.

I think it's a stretch to call him a complainer. He had one public contract dispute that occured in the off season. He never was an issue with the TC or the players. Never heard about any problems with Osi during the season, aside from an issue with Bill Sheridan. But I tend to side with Osi on that one.

+ Reply to Thread