+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 96

Thread: Osi Umenyiora Not Expected To Be Re-Signed By Giants

  1. #21
    All-Pro ny06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    13,809
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    I think it's a stretch to call him a complainer. He had one public contract dispute that occured in the off season. He never was an issue with the TC or the players. Never heard about any problems with Osi during the season, aside from an issue with Bill Sheridan. But I tend to side with Osi on that one.
    He's had two, but who's counting...

    Giants fan since the early 80s

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    He's had two, but who's counting...
    Ehh, it's part of the business. Doesn't make him a real problem child.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    never said he had a good year last year....but you guys are treating him like he was some sort of Bum or bust. he has 76 sacks for this organization. He was a good player here.
    Emphasis on was. Don't get me wrong, I totally appreciate his past services and he was once an elite pass rusher in this league. I just don't think that he is currently elite and I feel like he is expendable. This team is not going to miss him badly. He is a replaceable player
    Close or you hit the bricks

  4. #24
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,427
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    I think it's a stretch to call him a complainer. He had one public contract dispute that occured in the off season. He never was an issue with the TC or the players. Never heard about any problems with Osi during the season, aside from an issue with Bill Sheridan. But I tend to side with Osi on that one.
    He was a major complainer, but that's his right. He did help us early in his career, that spigot seems to have been reduced to a slow trickle now.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He was a major complainer, but that's his right. He did help us early in his career, that spigot seems to have been reduced to a slow trickle now.
    We've had drug addicts, gun toaters, friends of gun toaters that have tried to hide the gun, drunk drivers, etc. Osi was a pretty good citizen who never got in trouble. TC never once had a problem with him and still wants him back. The coach's opinion is what matters most to me. Him and JR going at it over a contract is part of the business and not really an issue as far as I'm concerned.

  6. #26
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,427
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    We've had drug addicts, gun toaters, friends of gun toaters that have tried to hide the gun, drunk drivers, etc. Osi was a pretty good citizen who never got in trouble. TC never once had a problem with him and still wants him back. The coach's opinion is what matters most to me. Him and JR going at it over a contract is part of the business and not really an issue as far as I'm concerned.
    And you are entitled to your opinion
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  7. #27
    I'll never understand why people take it so personally when a guy is trying to get more salary out of his employer because he thinks he is worth more than he is being paid. It pretty much is a way of life that happens in every career path in the world. The only difference is that our jobs aren't followed by the media.

  8. #28
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,427
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    I'll never understand why people take it so personally when a guy is trying to get more salary out of his employer because he thinks he is worth more than he is being paid. It pretty much is a way of life that happens in every career path in the world. The only difference is that our jobs aren't followed by the media.
    It wasn't his wanting more money, it was the way he went about it, publicly, sending emails to media heads whining about his lot in life as he was spending the $41M he made in his previous contract.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It wasn't his wanting more money, it was the way he went about it, publicly, sending emails to media heads whining about his lot in life as he was spending the $41M he made in his previous contract.
    Yeah, but who cares, as long as when he snapped the chin strap on, he was giving it his all.

  10. #30
    Osi's best days are behind him but I think if it weren't for the cap situation we're in the team would bring him back as a situational pass rusher

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts