+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Osi Umenyiora Not Expected To Be Re-Signed By Giants

If Osi truly had to be a starter, I don't think he would make the comments he made. He obviously knows that if he stays here he isn't starting over JPP. Yet he still says if they can work out a deal he would love to stay. He was on the field a lot last year in his role, and I don't really think he was upset with the amount of snaps he got. He knows he's not a kid anymore. If he is the complainer that everyone here loves to call him, then surely we would have heard from him if he wasn't happy with his playing time.

And before anyone jumps on me, saying that he believes he is capable of being and every down DE, and demanding that whoever signs him must make him a starter are two very different things.

Still,I'd be shocked if they agree on a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    Also agree, I know he's not the starter and that JPP is the better player. If he's willing to be a backup (situational pass rusher) for the right amount of money I wouldn't mind him staying an retiring a Giant
    Maybe he'll test the FA waters and see it's not greener anywhere else.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

there's a good possibility...I don't really see a team throwing a ton of money at a 31 yr old DE on the downside of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Maybe he'll test the FA waters and see it's not greener anywhere else.
    At the right price, happy to have him as a relief rusher.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    At the right price, happy to have him as a relief rusher.
    +1 Osi seems to be all over the place in terms of his self evaluation and desires regarding a contract/role
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...-new-york-jets

Excerpt: "Umenyiora did not rule out the New York Jets as one of those teams.

"Rex Ryan, when I was coming out of college he was with Baltimore at the time and he came down to work me out at Troy, he came to Atlanta, just me and him," Umenyiora said when asked about the Jets by the Post. "We had a pretty good time out there so I've always enjoyed him as a coach and as a person. That might be a good fit. Hopefully it will be with the Giants.''
    Umenyiora told reporters that his decision on where he will play next season will not be "solely based on money." Read more...

Veteran

Osi: Rex and Jets 'might be a good fit'

lol I predicted this may happen, will he actually sign with the Jets? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

"Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora, making the media rounds Thursday at Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans, said he'd be interested in the Jets if he doesn't re-sign with the Giants. He will be an unrestricted free agent and, unless he's willing to accept a cut-rate deal, the chances of re-upping with the Giants appear slim."

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...-look-in-green

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...-new-york-jets

Excerpt: "Umenyiora did not rule out the New York Jets as one of those teams.

"Rex Ryan, when I was coming out of college he was with Baltimore at the time and he came down to work me out at Troy, he came to Atlanta, just me and him," Umenyiora said when asked about the Jets by the Post. "We had a pretty good time out there so I've always enjoyed him as a coach and as a person. That might be a good fit. Hopefully it will be with the Giants.''
    Umenyiora told reporters that his decision on where he will play next season will not be "solely based on money." Read more...
    "Solely based on money" at least he's honest. He will get a real reality check once free agency begins, when few and far between teams are interested in his services.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    "Solely based on money" at least he's honest. He will get a real reality check once free agency begins, when few and far between teams are interested in his services.
    Probably true. You have to think part of Reese's thought process is going to be what does he really have in Tracy and Ojomo.

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    Umm, you do realize that it says "his decision will NOT be soley based on money.

+ Reply to Thread