+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets try this, top 15 players

Lets try this, top 15 players

What players, are the most likely to go top 15? Can do this to get a better idea of what players the giants will have to choose from at 19.

Start with the most likely.

QBs Im going to skip, but I will assume at least 2 will go, which 2 I dont really care.
    3. OT Jockel
    4. DE Werner
    5. DE Moore
    6. CB Millner
    7. DT Loutelei
    8. DT Richardson
    9. OLB Mingo
    10. OG Warmack
    11. LB Ogletree
    12. DE Ansah
    13. OT Fisher
    14. OT Johnson
    15. OLB Jarvis Jones

Then there are 3 more picks before the giants pick.

This is the next group of guys
    WR Patterson
    WR Allen
    TE Eifert/Ertz
    DE Okafor/Jones
    DT Hankins/Floyd

Just saying, its entirely possible that all the guys that are commonly mocked to the giants could easily be gone. Yes someone could fall, but thats not the point of this. Just trying to look at what guys are probably going to still be there. Of course a run on QBs always helps

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    What players, are the most likely to go top 15? Can do this to get a better idea of what players the giants will have to choose from at 19.

Start with the most likely.

QBs Im going to skip, but I will assume at least 2 will go, which 2 I dont really care.
    3. OT Jockel
    4. DE Werner
    5. DE Moore
    6. CB Millner
    7. DT Loutelei
    8. DT Richardson
    9. OLB Mingo
    10. OG Warmack
    11. LB Ogletree
    12. DE Ansah
    13. OT Fisher
    14. OT Johnson
    15. OLB Jarvis Jones

Then there are 3 more picks before the giants pick.

This is the next group of guys
    WR Patterson
    WR Allen
    TE Eifert/Ertz
    DE Okafor/Jones
    DT Hankins/Floyd

Just saying, its entirely possible that all the guys that are commonly mocked to the giants could easily be gone. Yes someone could fall, but thats not the point of this. Just trying to look at what guys are probably going to still be there. Of course a run on QBs always helps
    Someone might tank Banks,D Jordan , S Floyd early
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 01-30-2013 at 08:49 PM.

Veteran
    If we plan on letting nicks walk, we may very well take a wr in the first two picks

We should Take D.J Fluker.

Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post
    We should Take D.J Fluker.
    sure, in the 2nd
    (1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Joel Bitonio, OL Nevada - (3)CJ Fiedorowicz, TE Iowa
    (4)Brandon Coleman, WR Rutgers - (5)Bryan Stork, C Florida State - (5)Khairi Fortt, LB California
    (6)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford

Tough to come up with a fluid top 15 since team's value players so differently. Here's an interesting little nugget of what Jim Harbaugh told his dad during the 2011 draft:

"He said ‘are you talking to anybody?' and I said ‘I swear I'm not talking to anyone.' He said ‘we're drafting Colin Kaepernick. Do I not only think that he's the best quarterback in the draft, I think he's the best football player in the draft,'" Jack Harbaugh said.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nf...2011-nfl-draft

Also just because a player is widely considered a top 15 talent doesn't mean he won't drop, just look at Prince, I think Reese was stunned he was stll on the board

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Someone might tank Banks,D Jordan , S Floyd early
    Yea, Im assuming there will be roughly 5 or so guys that we dont really expect. Another 5 or so might drop.

Its just interesting to me what players the giants could be looking at at 19.

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Tough to come up with a fluid top 15 since team's value players so differently. Here's an interesting little nugget of what Jim Harbaugh told his dad during the 2011 draft:

"He said ‘are you talking to anybody?' and I said ‘I swear I'm not talking to anyone.' He said ‘we're drafting Colin Kaepernick. Do I not only think that he's the best quarterback in the draft, I think he's the best football player in the draft,'" Jack Harbaugh said.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nf...2011-nfl-draft

Also just because a player is widely considered a top 15 talent doesn't mean he won't drop, just look at Prince, I think Reese was stunned he was stll on the board
    if he believed that why did they wait to take him

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    if he believed that why did they wait to take him
    San Fran did trade up 9 picks to get him. No doubt they gambled (They did get Aldon in the first), but you have to believe it was a highly educated gamble. NFL teams run their own mock drafts all the time and it is undoubtebly way more in depth, detailed and insightful then anything you casn get on the net. In the first round especially these teams have a very good grasp of how things will unfold.

Other names coming in and out besides Dion Jordan and Banks are Te'o, Vaccaro. I even saw Trufant at 15 in some top 100 draft prospects, go figure.

+ Reply to Thread