+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What do u guys think of bringing in Glenn Dorsey for a fairly cheap contract???

Dorseys basically been a big bust for KC, and is now a FA, but his skill set has always been more suited for a 4/3 and maybe changing systems would be able to get him on track.. Its a worthwile gamble, as hes still young, and we have yet to see em in a base 4/3 , and we could use a young DT with Austin looking like a bust, and bernard a FA, and Canty getting up there in age..

Also, DT would be a positon we could focus on less in draft.. I think its worth the gamble and the money lines up...

All-Pro
    As long as he comes really cheap. They have a problem with depth at DT.

yes.. this would be a good fit for Dorsey.. He needs a change of scenery
    (1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Jordan Matthews, WR Vanderbilt - (3)Jack Mewhort, OL Ohio State
    (4)Arthur Lynch, TE Georgia - (5)Bryan Stork, C Florida State - (5)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford
    (6)Prince Shembo, OLB Notre Dame

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...s-city-chiefs/

Gives a little more perspective into how Dorsey works in KC. Since we have issues against the run, he could be an underrated FA pickup for a team needing help there.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

He plays almost all 2 gap. But when they need guys to go 1 gap and get up field after the QB, he comes off the field.

Odd that that is almost the exact opposite of what he was drafted to do, but I really don't think he has any untapped upside in pass rush ability.

Giants stop the run however with penetration, not 2 gapping. So I'm not sure he is a fit at all

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    As long as he comes really cheap. They have a problem with depth at DT.
    I'd imagine he can't be 2 expensive, as hes been pretty much a bust so far.. The only thing saving em is that he can use he played in a scheme not suited to his strengths, but that will only garner him so much more money, i'd imagine..

A couple other guys that intrest me are Sammie Lee Hill DT Lions, Wallace Gilberry DE Bengals, Ej Biggers CB Bucs, Derek Cox CB Jags, Darius Butler CB Colts, and others as well, but these are some possibly affordable guys i think could help us focus on other positons in the draft...

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...s-city-chiefs/

Gives a little more perspective into how Dorsey works in KC. Since we have issues against the run, he could be an underrated FA pickup for a team needing help there.
    Thats what i was thinking... I'm not saying go crazy to get the guy or anything, but in a pinch, could be a jerry reese special, and be a underrated cheapish FA signing that comes in and helps Giants with there pedestrian Run defense...

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    He plays almost all 2 gap. But when they need guys to go 1 gap and get up field after the QB, he comes off the field.

Odd that that is almost the exact opposite of what he was drafted to do, but I really don't think he has any untapped upside in pass rush ability.

Giants stop the run however with penetration, not 2 gapping. So I'm not sure he is a fit at all
    From my veiw the Giants really dont stop the run at all.....I dont care what gap they use....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I think he would be worth bringing in at a reasonable contract.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post

The Giants stop the run?