+ Reply to Thread

What a difference a week makes apologies are in order from yours truly

I want to apologize for all the negativity I typed about the NYG's after the loss last week. I really raked this team over the coals & now I feel ashamed.

This team showed me something yesterday with all the calls falling in the Jets favor by the refs & replay officials. They overcame tremendous difficulties & in the end prevailed & had that look of Champions.

Let the chips fall where they lay next week win or lose this is a team that plays with class.

As I was throwing things around the house during all the grabbing & holding that wasn't being called, then the PI on the 4th down stop by the Giants that was bogus to the reversal of the fumble TD by Ross ect. ect. the only thing the Giants did was play excellent football as if those calls meant absolutely nothing to their determination & poise.

I guess that's an attribute they get from the Head Coach I really don't know but one thing for sure I will definately think about this game before I start putting this team down again in writing.

Love ya Blue.. True & True ... & as Tuck said I'm now "ALL IN" WIN OR LOSE.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

Re: What a difference a week makes apologies are in order from yours truly

apologize for what ?

they beat a crappy team (in a crappy division that we swept , by the way ) .

the refs were a bigger challenge than the jets were.

everything you typed after the skins loss is still
    applicable.

drinkin' the kool-aid is one thing ....but you don't have to be the vendor.
    the pen is said to be mightier than the sword.....
    but when is the last time your sword ran out of ink ?

The mental breakdowns we get to witness on these boards after a loss are 'pure entertainment'

As you can see by my sig I am very upset by all the late season collapses and why should this year be any different -- especially as the Giants in big home games in prime time are terrible.

Of course I am hoping for a different outcome but do you think collapsing next week and laying an egg to fumble away the division is impossible? It would fit perfectly with past disasters. Like in 2009 with playoffs on the line 41-9 in the last game ever in the old stadium against the Panthers. Or the 2008 playoffs 23-11 Eagles. Or the 2005 playoffs 23-0 Panthers. Or the 2010 Eagles meltdown 38-31.

I'm hoping they don't make it come true -- and luckily it's not the Eagles or the Panthers on the other sidelines.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="stormblue"]apologize for what ?

they beat a crappy team (in a crappy division that we swept , by the way ) .

the refs were a bigger challenge than the jets were.

everything you typed after the skins loss is still
    applicable.

drinkin' the kool-aid is one thing ....but you don't have to be the vendor.[/quote]

Well I do think I was a little too rough on the Coaches, GM & Nicks. Nicks is just going through a rough time right now & I expect a big game from him against the Cowboys.

[quote user="jakegibbs"]I want to apologize for all the negativity I typed about the NYG's after the loss last week. I really raked this team over the coals & now I feel ashamed.

This team showed me something yesterday with all the calls falling in the Jets favor by the refs & replay officials. They overcame tremendous difficulties & in the end prevailed & had that look of Champions.

Let the chips fall where they lay next week win or lose this is a team that plays with class.

As I was throwing things around the house during all the grabbing & holding that wasn't being called, then the PI on the 4th down stop by the Giants that was bogus to the reversal of the fumble TD by Ross ect. ect. the only thing the Giants did was play excellent football as if those calls meant absolutely nothing to their determination & poise.

I guess that's an attribute they get from the Head Coach I really don't know but one thing for sure I will definately think about this game before I start putting this team down again in writing.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL[/quote]are u kidding me? THey absoulutley desrved all the negativity they've gotten from fans including myself. THey've completely not showed up against Vince Young Lead eagles, Charlie Whitehurst lead Seahawks, Rex Grossman lead Redskins which any one of those games , had we WON, we'd not be in the positon of a must WIN to sneak into the playoffs.. This team was to the point where they needed to SHOW US before we'd stop harping on them, and they finally did that, and for at least one week, we have something to be proud of, but the last 3 DEC collapses are to not be forgotten, and all the DUD'S against inferior teams are to not be forgotten, so lets not totally overreact to one good game, and if we LOSE next week, this season has been a complete bust anyhow.. They got bussiness to take care of next week before i fully embrace them with nothing but compliments again..

But yes, yesterday was great! Imagine if they Showed up every week?

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="jakegibbs"]I want to apologize for all the negativity I typed about the NYG's after the loss last week. I really raked this team over the coals & now I feel ashamed.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL[/quote]are u kidding me? THey absoulutley desrved all the negativity they've gotten from fans including myself. THey've completely not showed up against Vince Young Lead eagles, Charlie Whitehurst lead Seahawks, Rex Grossman lead Redskins which any one of those games , had we WON, we'd not be in the positon of a must WIN to sneak into the playoffs.. This team was to the point where they needed to SHOW US before we'd stop harping on them, and they finally did that, and for at least one week, we have something to be proud of, but the last 3 DEC collapses are to not be forgotten, and all the DUD'S against inferior teams are to not be forgotten, so lets not totally overreact to one good game, and if we LOSE next week, this season has been a complete bust anyhow.. They got bussiness to take care of next week before i fully embrace them with nothing but compliments again..

But yes, yesterday was great! Imagine if they Showed up every week?[/quote]

Don't you think they will show up from now on out when they finally had a team leader state unequivalently that now they are now "ALL IN".

That's what the rest of the players have been waiting all year to hear right? Now every mother's son of them ought to be All IN.

"ALL IN... REPEAT AFTER ME "ALL IN".
    PLAYOFF BOUND RIGHT?

ďAll in.Ē Itís a phrase Justin Tuck said over and over again late yesterday to explain the dominating performance by a Giants defense that had been anything but dominating for most of this season

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...#ixzz1hYtfbqkV

yes , a good game from him (nicks )might just make the difference.
    the pen is said to be mightier than the sword.....
    but when is the last time your sword ran out of ink ?

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="jakegibbs"]I want to apologize for all the negativity I typed about the NYG's after the loss last week. I really raked this team over the coals & now I feel ashamed. This team showed me something yesterday with all the calls falling in the Jets favor by the refs & replay officials. They overcame tremendous difficulties & in the end prevailed & had that look of Champions. Let the chips fall where they lay next week win or lose this is a team that plays with class. As I was throwing things around the house during all the grabbing & holding that wasn't being called, then the PI on the 4th down stop by the Giants that was bogus to the reversal of the fumble TD by Ross ect. ect. the only thing the Giants did was play excellent football as if those calls meant absolutely nothing to their determination & poise. I guess that's an attribute they get from the Head Coach I really don't know but one thing for sure I will definately think about this game before I start putting this team down again in writing. Love ya Blue.. True & True ... & as Tuck said I'm now "ALL IN" WIN OR LOSE. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL[/quote]are u kidding me? THey absoulutley desrved all the negativity they've gotten from fans including myself. THey've completely not showed up against Vince Young Lead eagles, Charlie Whitehurst lead Seahawks, Rex Grossman lead Redskins which any one of those games , had we WON, we'd not be in the positon of a must WIN to sneak into the playoffs.. This team was to the point where they needed to SHOW US before we'd stop harping on them, and they finally did that, and for at least one week, we have something to be proud of, but the last 3 DEC collapses are to not be forgotten, and all the DUD'S against inferior teams are to not be forgotten, so lets not totally overreact to one good game, and if we LOSE next week, this season has been a complete bust anyhow.. They got bussiness to take care of next week before i fully embrace them with nothing but compliments again.. But yes, yesterday was great! Imagine if they Showed up every week?[/quote]+1 They absolutely deserved criticism.If they showed up to 1 game against theSkins they would of won the Division yesterday. The think that angers me with this team is a lot of there problems come from not playing hard and lack of concentration not lack of talent

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="jakegibbs"]I want to apologize for all the negativity I typed about the NYG's after the loss last week. I really raked this team over the coals & now I feel ashamed. This team showed me something yesterday with all the calls falling in the Jets favor by the refs & replay officials. They overcame tremendous difficulties & in the end prevailed & had that look of Champions. Let the chips fall where they lay next week win or lose this is a team that plays with class. As I was throwing things around the house during all the grabbing & holding that wasn't being called, then the PI on the 4th down stop by the Giants that was bogus to the reversal of the fumble TD by Ross ect. ect. the only thing the Giants did was play excellent football as if those calls meant absolutely nothing to their determination & poise. I guess that's an attribute they get from the Head Coach I really don't know but one thing for sure I will definately think about this game before I start putting this team down again in writing. Love ya Blue.. True & True ... & as Tuck said I'm now "ALL IN" WIN OR LOSE. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL[/quote]are u kidding me? THey absoulutley desrved all the negativity they've gotten from fans including myself. THey've completely not showed up against Vince Young Lead eagles, Charlie Whitehurst lead Seahawks, Rex Grossman lead Redskins which any one of those games , had we WON, we'd not be in the positon of a must WIN to sneak into the playoffs.. This team was to the point where they needed to SHOW US before we'd stop harping on them, and they finally did that, and for at least one week, we have something to be proud of, but the last 3 DEC collapses are to not be forgotten, and all the DUD'S against inferior teams are to not be forgotten, so lets not totally overreact to one good game, and if we LOSE next week, this season has been a complete bust anyhow.. They got bussiness to take care of next week before i fully embrace them with nothing but compliments again.. But yes, yesterday was great! Imagine if they Showed up every week?[/quote]+1 They absolutely deserved criticism.If they showed up to 1 game against the*Skins *they would of won the Division yesterday. The think that angers me with this team is a lot of there problems come from not playing hard and lack of concentration not lack of talent[/quote] Hence why i continue to stick up for Reese when people attack him when we lose.. Its not his fault this talented unit dosen't TRY most games.. I've had people who could care less about the giants say just that.. Its truly embaressing how often they just don't try.. Now because of one Victory that hasne't even got us in the playoffs , were supposed to apoligize about our comments??LOL Ya right! They've done nothing but keep what should of been a locked up season with the playoffs alive! We lose next week, and to me, this JET game means less then nothing.. And its that way simply because as u said, these dudes continue to play one week, and then not even try the very next.. As a fan, i've never ever dealt with anything more frustrating and annoying!