+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFL Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    I was having a discussion with a friend of mine on what teams are considered to be NFL Royalty and we had some very differing opinions. So I thought this would be a good topic to discuss with you guys since your team obviously has such a rich history.

What teams do you consider to hold the status of NFL Royalty? Doesn't have to be a certain amount of teams, just the franchises that you would consider Royalty.

Mine are as follows and in no particular order.

1. Green Bay
    2. Chicago
    3. New York Giants
    4. Washington
    5. Dallas
    6. San Francisco
    7. Indy
    8. Oakland
    9. Steelers

Boderline: New England, Miami, NYJ
    I agree with your list for the most part. Except for Indy and.....the Jets! On the borderline?.....the Jets?! They are so far off the border that you could barely see them on the map. Football royalty and the Jets go together like fire and ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    I agree with your list for the most part. Except for Indy and.....the Jets! On the borderline?.....the Jets?! They are so far off the border that you could barely see them on the map. Football royalty and the Jets go together like fire and ice.
    Very true. They have the one moment of glory and the rest is really epic tragedy. We're talking Greek tragedy here with the new and innovative ways they find to shoot themselves in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    I was having a discussion with a friend of mine on what teams are considered to be NFL Royalty and we had some very differing opinions. So I thought this would be a good topic to discuss with you guys since your team obviously has such a rich history.

What teams do you consider to hold the status of NFL Royalty? Doesn't have to be a certain amount of teams, just the franchises that you would consider Royalty.

Mine are as follows and in no particular order.

1. Green Bay
    2. Chicago
    3. New York Giants
    4. Washington
    5. Dallas
    6. San Francisco
    7. Indy
    8. Oakland
    9. Steelers

Borderline: New England, Miami, NYJ
    I'd switch Indy to Baltimore (Colts) though and borderline the Indy Colts, Miami, New England, but the Jets? Hell no.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

+ Reply to Thread