+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question

Question

Ok, so we know that our needs are OL, DL, LB, and CB, but which position do you guys think we address in FA and what do you think we address in the draft?

Personally, I hope we address any of them in the draft except OL. I'd rather us bring in a veteran and hope to land another Locklear.

If it was me I'd draft another CB in the first. We were getting torched in the secondary. If Webby doesn't restructure he is also most likely gone. I don't feel comfortable with our corners being only Prince and Hosely. We need a new MLB and SLB, DT, maybe a DE to replace Osi, and RT...comes down to who is the best player available

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    If it was me I'd draft another CB in the first. We were getting torched in the secondary. If Webby doesn't restructure he is also most likely gone. I don't feel comfortable with our corners being only Prince and Hosely. We need a new MLB and SLB, DT, maybe a DE to replace Osi, and RT...comes down to who is the best player available
    So many holes on this team, surprised we were able to win 9 games

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Ok, so we know that our needs are OL, DL, LB, and CB, but which position do you guys think we address in FA and what do you think we address in the draft?

Personally, I hope we address any of them in the draft except OL. I'd rather us bring in a veteran and hope to land another Locklear.
    I'm in the Oline first camp. A short term deal for an established right tackle and a mid round draft Olineman would work for me
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-31-2013 at 02:24 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I don't get the fascination with an early round RT myself considering any of them who would be good at the position are much better slated to play on the blind side. Outside of the top 3, the RTs in the 2-4 range either have questionable speed and agility for the edge or have some injury concerns. Here's hoping for some front 7 help on the D.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I don't get the fascination with an early round RT myself considering any of them who would be good at the position are much better slated to play on the blind side. Outside of the top 3, the RTs in the 2-4 range either have questionable speed and agility for the edge or have some injury concerns. Here's hoping for some front 7 help on the D.
    We need two better than average tackles and we already have one. RT/LT comes down to who's better on which side. I'm also concerned about our OLine depth in general
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I try and get a free agent RT.. and draft alot of defense
    [i](1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Troy Niklas, TE Notre Dame - (3)Jack Mewhort, OT Ohio State
    (4)Ahmad Dixon, S Baylor - (5)Bryan Stork, C Florida State - (5)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford
    (6)Cody Hoffman, WR BYU

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    So many holes on this team, surprised we were able to win 9 games
    I don't think all these holes can be fixed in one year.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    We need two better than average tackles and we already have one. RT/LT comes down to who's better on which side. I'm also concerned about our OLine depth in general
    But do we need to invest an early round selection to get an above average OT? Lots of RTs in this league are mid to late round selections. It would be ashame if we took an OT in the 1st that isn't named Joeckel, Fisher, or Johnson.

I do agree with your thought on getting more Oline depth though, especially in the interior.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    But do we need to invest an early round selection to get an above average OT? Lots of RTs in this league are mid to late round selections. It would be ashame if we took an OT in the 1st that isn't named Joeckel, Fisher, or Johnson.

I do agree with your thought on getting more Oline depth though, especially in the interior.
    Not if we bring in a short term veteran. On defense, and I realize I am in the minority here, we have young players in Tracy and Ojomo that I think we can rely on especially with Tuck and Kiwanuka staying this season. Fortunately. Jerry Reese is not returning my calls

+ Reply to Thread