+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question

I honestly dont think we'll spend fa money outside of our fa's. Beatty and Cruz are def our top priorities, but i wouldnt mind another OT, CB, or DL, even a safety as long as it isnt in the 1st 2 rounds
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

I think we should draft OL first round, MLB in 2nd or 3rd, OLB depth and a kicker in later rounds.

In FA, primary re-signings should be Beatty, Cruz, and Rivers (only if we can get him for cheaper though). Pick up a CB in free agency (DRC would be one possibility, but only if the price is right). Cut Boley, Diehl, and TT.

DE we should let Ojomo get in on the action on rotations and develop him into a starter, with Kiwi starting for the time being opposite JPP.
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 01-31-2013 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Not if we bring in a short term veteran. On defense, and I realize I am in the minority here, we have young players in Tracy and Ojomo that I think we can rely on especially with Tuck and Kiwanuka staying this season. Fortunately. Jerry Reese is not returning my calls
    Stop calling him collect.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Seriously, who even uses collect calling these days? Damn old man :P

Quote Originally Posted by ibbill View Post
    Stop calling him collect.
    Damn
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I kept hearing these annoying tones which I must have mistaken for shrieking
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I still have a black rotary phone.My one finger is shorter than it use to be now that all the phone numbers have so many numbers.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

I really think the decision to not give Ojomo and or Tracy some playing time last season was a mistake. With Tuck in obvious decline and the impending loss of Osi these guys may have to be depended on next year and a little experience might have helped them along in the learning curve

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    I really think the decision to not give Ojomo and or Tracy some playing time last season was a mistake. With Tuck in obvious decline and the impending loss of Osi these guys may have to be depended on next year and a little experience might have helped them along in the learning curve
    I agree with this 100%.... I can't remember whether or not Ojomo was injured for a while but I really wish we would've seen them get more action so we could get a good idea of what we need to address in the draft.

Right now both of these guys are question marks. Fans are divided on whether or not we should gamble and hope that at least one of them pan out next year or draft a DE.

I would think if we go FA anywhere it would be at LB due to our cap situation and that's the cheapest position to FA (past Special Teams).

I tend to agree with RF in that we have Kiwi, Tuck, JPP, Ojomo and Tracy available as DEs in 2013 and that would suffice enough for us to address more pressing needs in this year's draft (I'd be more worried about DT for instance).

But it will also depend on where the chips fall in the first round.
    Last edited by Kruunch; 02-01-2013 at 07:53 AM.