+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Salary cap ramifications of cutting players

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Dude c'mon now ... Brandon Carr's cap hit THIS year is $16+ million. If you're going to throw up an example, try throwing up a realistic one ... not a Jerry Jones fantasy contract destined to ruin his team for another decade.

Yes the Giants could pursue FA for a CB and make it work if all sides agree and cut CWeb. It's in the realm of possibility. My only point is that it's not in the realm of *probability*. That's all.
    Yeah but say they sign Starter at 5 years 30 millions and spread the hits out evenly. They still save 2 million in cap space and upgrade the spot with a younger corner
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 02-02-2013 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TextureDj View Post
    Ok, thats what I was getting at, they can extend the contract without creating a new contract. So in the case of a player they want to kepp long term, like Eli it canhelp to a degree lessen the impact of previous restructures. Providint the player isn't looking for a big raise.

Right. That's why I keep saying they should extend Eli. They can give him a base of $12 mil. Maybe guarantee some of it, and it would drop his cap hit from 20+ to more like 15-17. Saving them a good amount of money. Maybe they could get away with a base of even less if they guarantee enough. Maybe 10. Save themselves like 5 mil in cap room a season, all the while Eli doesn't ever take an actual pay cut.

thank you for the work slip , i was too lazy to do it. You have to sometimes make tough cuts, the giants seem to just stick with what they know which imo is wrong. Make the cuts free up room for the future, do not leave us tight and without real starting linebackers and half an oline again.

We should give Mike Jenkins a shot. 1-2 years at a modest salary.

Thought I would add what releasing T2 this season will do, which is all but guaranteed.

Savings of 2.25 mil on the cap, dead space of 750k.

Veteran
    n/m.. I underestimated T2's cap hit for next year.. For some reason I thought he was making over $4 million next year

Still.. I don't think the Giants cap situation is all that bad as people are making it out to be.

Also Jacobs $2 mil dead money clears.

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    n/m.. I underestimated T2's cap hit for next year.. For some reason I thought he was making over $4 million next year

Still.. I don't think the Giants cap situation is all that bad as people are making it out to be.
    Yeah he's due a $6m roster bonus, but capwise it gets spread out over the length of the contract, so next season the bonus would only account for $2m.

Clint Sintims dead money hit of 400k also clears.

Then he will be off the books completely.

Giants have a rollover of roughly 1 mil as well.

And we dont know what the cap will be for next season yet, though its projected to be about the same.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Yeah he's due a $6m roster bonus, but capwise it gets spread out over the length of the contract, so next season the bonus would only account for $2m.
    IIRC, theres only the $1 million signing bonus that's fully guaranteed. That would be the $750K cap hit. If he isn't cut, everything gets fully guaranteed

+ Reply to Thread