+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TextureDj View Post
    The CBA allows for them to re sign to a longer contract in effect giving room to restructure though right? Sort of obvious but how exactly does that effect dead money?

Those signing bonuses are due no matter what right? Just a hypothetical if Carr had 1M in dead money and 1M in salary due this upcoming season being his last year. they can void his old contract and sign him to a new deal for 2 years @ 2M a year with no signing bonus, keeping the same overall salary for the coming year and the one to follow but what would happen to that 1mil signing bonus that was part of his previous contact?

The way I understand it there is no way out of that 1M right? Even if he takes a pay cut and keeps it at the first, shorter contract term all they can cut is the 1M salary? I think this is right but you are more an authority that I am.

If they void the first contract then there will be a $1 mil dead money hit.

Theoretically they could extend him another year and not give him a new signing bonus but split that 1 mil between both years. So $500k cap hit each year. But of course you would need to give him a base salary as well. So it won't help in a lot of cases.

But what they did with Osi was give him a signing bonus of like $6 mil and gave him an extra voidable year. So Osi has a 3 mil dead cap hit this season despite his contract being voided

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Honestly, unless Webster bounces back a lot next year, I'd almost trust Hosley starting across from Prince than Webster... get a few draftees for depth and we'd be set. Wouldn't be the prettiest secondary ever, but it would work, and that alone would free up the money to sign Cruz and maybe even another FA...
    I dont think Hosley can be a starter in the NFL outside.I think they need to draft another corner in the First 3 Rounds
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 02-01-2013 at 07:59 AM.

I think it would be a good idea to pin this information in the forum to be referred to throughout the off season, as I expect we will continue to see threads about who we should cut, and what it will cost.
    Do not feed the trolls.

I honestly don't see guys like Diehl/Webby/Tuck staying unless they take the pay cut. Low production one year is understandable/justified if there is an injury involved, or maybe a scheme change due to new coaching staff. But multiple years.........its like how long do you hold onto the old PC before its time to get a newer more updated one....just an example.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    He restructured in 2011, supposedly. His base salary that year should have been 8, but it was 5 instead.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...41867550,d.dmQ

It might be that his cap hit is 9.9 million instead of 11.
    In which case releasing him would save approx 8 mil.
    And dead money of about 2 mil.
    It's $9.975. Dead money is almost $3.

thanks slip great work

i say cut diehl canty tuck webster and boley that would free up about 28mil in cap space. bring in some free agents and sign key guys from our team
    FUTURE NFL STAR

through 4 games

13 rushes for 100 yards and a td
    13pancake blocks
    15 tackles (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14)
    4-0 record

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    It's $9.975. Dead money is almost $3.
    How would his dead money be almost 3? Unless you have the specific contract details...

Quote Originally Posted by ryan12 View Post
    thanks slip great work

i say cut diehl canty tuck webster and boley that would free up about 28mil in cap space. bring in some free agents and sign key guys from our team
    Me likey.....+1!

Quote Originally Posted by ryan12 View Post
    thanks slip great work

Damn... that's actually a lot of loot. Pick up an OT, a CB, and a DT with our first three picks and you might not even notice they were gone...

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Damn... that's actually a lot of loot. Pick up an OT, a CB, and a DT with our first three picks and you might not even notice they were gone...
    right and lock up jpp cruz and beatty
    FUTURE NFL STAR

through 4 games

13 rushes for 100 yards and a td
    13pancake blocks
    15 tackles (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14)
    4-0 record