+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    How would his dead money be almost 3? Unless you have the specific contract details...
    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-...corey-webster/

Google is your friend.

And I should clarify ... it would be more like $2.75 in dead money. 250k of that "Misc Bonus" is a work out bonus (standard for Giants contracts (and also listed)).

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-...corey-webster/

Google is your friend.

And I should clarify ... it would be more like $2.75 in dead money. 250k of that "Misc Bonus" is a work out bonus (standard for Giants contracts (and also listed)).
    No. We don't know what that misc bonus is. It could be a roster bonus, in which case if they release him it disappears as well

No. We don't know what that misc bonus is. It could be a roster bonus, in which case if they release him it disappears as well
    True ... I have no problem saying he's worth $2 - $3 million in dead money.

Either way, the cost for cutting him and signing a new FA to take his place is almost a wash against just keeping him for 2013, realistically speaking.

And either way, we'd need to target a CB in this draft.

True ... I have no problem saying he's worth $2 - $3 million in dead money.

Either way, the cost for cutting him and signing a new FA to take his place is almost a wash against just keeping him for 2013, realistically speaking.

And either way, we'd need to target a CB in this draft.
    Not at all. They could save 8+ million off the cap by releasing him.

A new contract they give out to a mid tier CB could cost them substantially less than 8+ million.

Cowboys signed the top FA corner last year in Carr, and he only cost them $3.2 mil against the cap.

Veteran
    I don't think it's smart at all to release Tuck. He's in a contract year, and only costs about 5 million. So he should play better than last year. With Bernard not being re-signed and getting old as well, we're only down to LJ at DT, unless they plan of drafting Star Lotulelei, I say keep Canty as well.

Release Rolle, Webster and Diehl get rid of the worst players taking up the most space.

Not at all. They could save 8+ million off the cap by releasing him.

A new contract they give out to a mid tier CB could cost them substantially less than 8+ million.

Cowboys signed the top FA corner last year in Carr, and he only cost them $3.2 mil against the cap.
    Dude c'mon now ... Brandon Carr's cap hit THIS year is $16+ million. If you're going to throw up an example, try throwing up a realistic one ... not a Jerry Jones fantasy contract destined to ruin his team for another decade.

Yes the Giants could pursue FA for a CB and make it work if all sides agree and cut CWeb. It's in the realm of possibility. My only point is that it's not in the realm of *probability*. That's all.

Dude c'mon now ... Brandon Carr's cap hit THIS year is $16+ million. If you're going to throw up an example, try throwing up a realistic one ... not a Jerry Jones fantasy contract destined to ruin his team for another decade.

Yes the Giants could pursue FA for a CB and make it work if all sides agree and cut CWeb. It's in the realm of possibility. My only point is that it's not in the realm of *probability*. That's all.
    My point isn't that the giants can sign the top FA. My point is the giants could sign a mid tier CB and structure the deal so this year it only costs them a few million. Cut webster, sign mid tier CB, save possibly 5+ mil off the salary cap.

When the contract goes into its higher numbers is the same time most of the giants larger contracts expire. Making the increasing money not as big of a concern.

If they void the first contract then there will be a $1 mil dead money hit.

Theoretically they could extend him another year and not give him a new signing bonus but split that 1 mil between both years. So $500k cap hit each year. But of course you would need to give him a base salary as well. So it won't help in a lot of cases.

But what they did with Osi was give him a signing bonus of like $6 mil and gave him an extra voidable year. So Osi has a 3 mil dead cap hit this season despite his contract being voided
    Ok, thats what I was getting at, they can extend the contract without creating a new contract. So in the case of a player they want to kepp long term, like Eli it canhelp to a degree lessen the impact of previous restructures. Providint the player isn't looking for a big raise.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Holy **** Webster...
    +1. my exact thoughts.based on how he got burned..let's deal with the dead money.... more upside to that
    Formerly Brandon Jacobs

at this point we damned if we do and damned if we don't.