Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Re: "Braylon is a me-first person"

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dlivesay"][quote user="Providence"]

Are there real reasons that Edwards' attitude will stop us from being successful or are people just type-casting him because he is a young, black WR?

[/quote]
    attitude? I don't think so. didn't he pledge something like a million dollars for college scholarships for cleveland kids last year?

I think the issue is that he's really only had one good year. his rookie year was cut short because of a knee injury. 61-884-6 his second year, pretty pedestrian. he had a great 3rd year and last year was disappointing.

I'm not sure you're getting the 1,000 yard 10 TD guarantee you got when you had plax. would I still give up a 1 and 3 for him? well...yes i would. but theres risk involved, don't kid yourself.[/quote]

those pedestrian numbers were with a sub par QB and o would of made him our #1 WR lsat year by far[/quote]
    that's not the issue IMO. for that matter desean jackson would have been the best WR on the team. would you give up a 1 and 3 for him?

the issue is: can this guy command safety help so they aren't looking at 8 in the box all the time? I think he can, but I don't think he's the sure thing you guys think he is, and there's money and picks involved to complicate things.

[quote user="dlivesay"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dlivesay"][quote user="Providence"]

Are there real reasons that Edwards' attitude will stop us from being successful or are people just type-casting him because he is a young, black WR?

[/quote]
    attitude? I don't think so. didn't he pledge something like a million dollars for college scholarships for cleveland kids last year?

I think the issue is that he's really only had one good year. his rookie year was cut short because of a knee injury. 61-884-6 his second year, pretty pedestrian. he had a great 3rd year and last year was disappointing.

I'm not sure you're getting the 1,000 yard 10 TD guarantee you got when you had plax. would I still give up a 1 and 3 for him? well...yes i would. but theres risk involved, don't kid yourself.[/quote]

those pedestrian numbers were with a sub par QB and o would of made him our #1 WR lsat year by far[/quote]
    that's not the issue IMO. for that matter desean jackson would have been the best WR on the team. would you give up a 1 and 3 for him?

the issue is: can this guy command safety help so they aren't looking at 8 in the box all the time? I think he can, but I don't think he's the sure thing you guys think he is, and there's money and picks involved to complicate things.[/quote]

I def think he demands saftey help. When he didn't, did u see what he did to us personally. Then we brought saftey help and he still raped us.

We don't need a DeSean Jackson type WR imo.
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

Veteran

[quote user="Providence"]

I don't know how many times I have seen this written in posts on these boards. I am curious how peolpe know this? Is it because he has been vocal about his lack of satisfaction with Cleveland? That's a pretty weak reason if you ask me. What about when Eli flat out refused to be drafted by the Chargers? Isn't that more selfish than expressing interest in being traded? Seriously, an unproven, unsigend, rookie QB was telling the team drafting him he didn't want to play for them?! That is beyond selfish and dwarfs anything Edwards has done.

The point is this, just because a player at one time or anotherhas a"me-first" attitude it doesn't mean we can't win a superbowl with him (like we did with Eli).

[/quote]

As long as he shows up to practiceVoluntary and involuntary , Does not go to any club with the word latin in it, Does not carry a unregistered gun, and does not shoot himself, im all right with him being selfish.! Handsdown he will make the team BETTER

Veteran

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dlivesay"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dlivesay"][quote user="Providence"]

[/quote]

the issue is: can this guy command safety help so they aren't looking at 8 in the box all the time? I think he can, but I don't think he's the sure thing you guys think he is, and there's money and picks involved to complicate things.[/quote]

I def think he demands saftey help. When he didn't, did u see what he did to us personally. Then we brought saftey help and he still raped us.

We don't need a DeSean Jackson type WR imo.[/quote]
    oh, he looked like a god in that game, no question. that was one of those perfect storm games where the browns HAD to win to keep their season alive. his other 15 games....not so much.

again, I personally would pull the trigger on a first and third for edwards. I'd also say that there's some risk involved. but he does have a nose for the end zone, and that's a huge plus.

[quote user="dlivesay"][quote user="Providence"]

[/quote] attitude? I don't think so. didn't he pledge something like a million dollars for college scholarships for cleveland kids last year? I think the issue is that he's really only had one good year. his rookie year was cut short because of a knee injury. 61-884-6 his second year, pretty pedestrian. he had a great 3rd year and last year was disappointing. I'm not sure you're getting the 1,000 yard 10 TD guarantee you got when you had plax. would I still give up a 1 and 3 for him? well...yes i would. but theres risk involved, don't kid yourself.[/quote]

Exactly, any reason not to bring Edwards here would be performance based (which I think are legitimate concerns). Attitude concerns are bogus at best.

And to respond to the other poster, no I don't want Ocho Cinco. He's become injury prone and we don't need that. Boldin would br great, but Edwards is like 5 years younger and there is a lot to be said about that.

I bELIeve in February 1, 2015.

You make a VERY good point. . .I never really thought about it that way.

But you have to admit, how often have you heard a white Major League Baseball player booed by his own fans? If you don't think racism is real, you're just not paying attention.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

i think its just as unfair to call Chad injury prone tho.

He missed 3 games in a season where he shouldn't of even played because of one shoulder surgery, he played all 16 games for the previous 6 years
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="RagTime Blue"]You make a VERY good point. . .I never really thought about it that way. But you have to admit, how often have you heard a white Major League Baseball player booed by his own fans? If you don't think racism is real, you're just not paying attention.[/quote]

Racism is quite unfortunatelyalive and well, no doubt about that.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]i think its just as unfair to call Chad injury prone tho. He missed 3 games in a season where he shouldn't of even played because of one shoulder surgery, he played all 16 games for the previous 6 years[/quote]

My choice of words was poor, the point I was trying to make is that Ocho Cinco is getting to an age were injuries are more of a reality and more of a problem. The shoulder one was a big one too, might not be gone for good.

How many people here are me first when it comes to their jobs?

Its cutthroat these days.