Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    All-Pro

Re: "Braylon is a me-first person"

[quote user="Providence"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]i think its just as unfair to call Chad injury prone tho. He missed 3 games in a season where he shouldn't of even played because of one shoulder surgery, he played all 16 games for the previous 6 years[/quote]

My choice of words was poor, the point I was trying to make is that Ocho Cinco is getting to an age were injuries are more of a reality and more of a problem. The shoulder one was a big one too, might not be gone for good.

[/quote]

the only one that really matter when age is in question is knees or ankles and as far as i know he hasn't been bothered with either....i see him like TO he'll be very productive well into his 30's

Veteran

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="Providence"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]i think its just as unfair to call Chad injury prone tho. He missed 3 games in a season where he shouldn't of even played because of one shoulder surgery, he played all 16 games for the previous 6 years[/quote]

My choice of words was poor, the point I was trying to make is that Ocho Cinco is getting to an age were injuries are more of a reality and more of a problem.* The shoulder one was a big one too, might not be gone for good.

[/quote]

the only one that really matter when age is in question is knees or ankles and as far as i know he hasn't been bothered with either....i see him like TO he'll be very productive well into his 30's

[/quote]
    I don't see him as a TO, who is a physical speciman and always keeps himself in great shape.

ocho is one of those guys like lee evans from buffalo- 75% of their stats are from 3 or 4 games. he's too streaky for my tastes. also, he always had housh on the other side that the defense had to account for.

besides, it scares me to think what he might do in a town like NYC with the spotlight on him.

All-Pro

[quote user="dlivesay"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="Providence"]

My choice of words was poor, the point I was trying to make is that Ocho Cinco is getting to an age were injuries are more of a reality and more of a problem. The shoulder one was a big one too, might not be gone for good.

[/quote]

[/quote] I don't see him as a TO, who is a physical speciman and always keeps himself in great shape. ocho is one of those guys like lee evans from buffalo- 75% of their stats are from 3 or 4 games. he's too streaky for my tastes. also, he always had housh on the other side that the defense had to account for. besides, it scares me to think what he might do in a town like NYC with the spotlight on him.[/quote]

if that is true over his carreer hes had some real major 3 or 4 games than..

not that i wanna turn this ontoa Ocho thread but i will say this..Ocho made Housh not the other way around..

Veteran

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="dlivesay"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="Providence"]

My choice of words was poor, the point I was trying to make is that Ocho Cinco is getting to an age were injuries are more of a reality and more of a problem.* The shoulder one was a big one too, might not be gone for good.

[/quote]

[/quote] I don't see him as a TO, who is a physical speciman and always keeps himself in great shape. ocho is one of those guys like lee evans from buffalo- 75% of their stats are from 3 or 4 games. he's too streaky for my tastes. also, he always had housh on the other side that the defense had to account for. besides, it scares me to think what he might do in a town like NYC with the spotlight on him.[/quote]

if that is true over his carreer hes had some real major 3 or 4 games than..

not that i wanna turn this onto*a Ocho thread but i will say this..Ocho made Housh not the other way around..

[/quote]
    moot point. with housh gone, I doubt he's going anywhere.

I don't know how many times I have seen this written in posts on these boards. I am curious how peolpe know this? Is it because he has been vocal about his lack of satisfaction with Cleveland? That's a pretty weak reason if you ask me. What about when Eli flat out refused to be drafted by the Chargers? Isn't that more selfish than expressing interest in being traded? Seriously, an unproven, unsigend, rookie QB was telling the team drafting him he didn't want to play for them?! That is beyond selfish and dwarfs anything Edwards has done.

The point is this, just because a player at one time or anotherhas a"me-first" attitude it doesn't mean we can't win a superbowl with him (like we did with Eli).

Are there real reasons that Edwards' attitude will stop us from being successful or are people just type-casting him because he is a young, black WR?

[/quote]

Ugh.... I can't stand the race card, I really can't.

Has absolutely NOTHING to do with being black. It has everythingto do with being a WR - the most selfish players on the field. I don't know one selfish RB, and 99.9% of them are black in the NFL. It's not a black-white thing, it's a confidence thing - and many WR's go out thinking they're the best thing since sliced bread. Hey, whatever works for you... Terrell Owens may be a bit "crazy", but he's a Hall of Fame WR. I'd name a selfish white NFL WR, but I honestly can't name one.

Eli was BASHED and BASHED for what he did the day of the Draft. Brett Favre was criticized IMMENSELY for the BS he pulled this past season.... he pretty much tarnished his career by his actions. Guy was a god, now no one will ever look at him the same. Eli's Draft day demands will haunt him his entire career. If he hadn't been part of a Super Bowl team, he'd probably be a free agent in 2010. Or we may have traded him for Cutler - who knows...

Braylon Edwards has said he thinks the fans in Cleveland hate him because he's from Michigan - THAT'S IT. Mangini wants to clean house, and since Edwards IS still a bit of a mystery (great in 2007, awful in 2008), he figures he might as well bring in his own guys sooner rather than later. Edwards will likely be gone in 2010 since his rookie contract expires - might as well get some draft picks in arguably the best WR-laden draft of all time.

I don't know how many times I have seen this written in posts on these boards. I am curious how peolpe know this? Is it because he has been vocal about his lack of satisfaction with Cleveland? That's a pretty weak reason if you ask me. What about when Eli flat out refused to be drafted by the Chargers? Isn't that more selfish than expressing interest in being traded? Seriously, an unproven, unsigend, rookie QB was telling the team drafting him he didn't want to play for them?! That is beyond selfish and dwarfs anything Edwards has done.

The point is this, just because a player at one time or anotherhas a"me-first" attitude it doesn't mean we can't win a superbowl with him (like we did with Eli).

Are there real reasons that Edwards' attitude will stop us from being successful or are people just type-casting him because he is a young, black WR?

[/quote]

After what we've gone through the last two years with Shockey and Burress I think it's perfectly fine to be a leery of any player.

Eli got bashed pretty good - both here and in San Diego for that move. I don't see the need to play the race card.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905 Get well, get back #80

[quote user="RagTime Blue"]You make a VERY good point. . .I never really thought about it that way. But you have to admit, how often have you heard a white Major League Baseball player booed by his own fans? If you don't think racism is real, you're just not paying attention.[/quote]

Racism is quite unfortunatelyalive and well, no doubt about that.

[/quote]

If we're going to play this game, anyone know of any white NFL players who have been arrested in the past year not named Matt Jones....? We could have a whole list. Hey,maybe THAT'S why people bring up the black athlete thing....?

I'm not disputing people aren't racist - many most certainly are. But some of us aren't. I've never rooted against a player because he's black. Obama is President of the United States... I think the American people have never been more sincerely open-minded in terms of race than we are right now.

I'm typing this as I'm on my lunch break with my black friend, coincidentally... and he agrees 100%.

[/quote]

Maybe I'm just not here all that often anymore...but I haven't even really seen that said about Braylon around here...the he is a "me first person"....

Oh well...don't really think he is "me-first" btw...

I'm pretty much a "me first" poster.

We need love too.

Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

I'm pretty much a "me first" poster.

We need love too.

[/quote]

I wuv you