Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: "Braylon is a me-first person"

[quote user="Providence"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Providence"][quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="Providence"][quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="Cags"][quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="Providence"]

I don't know how many times I have seen this written in posts on these boards. I am curious how peolpe know this? Is it because he has been vocal about his lack of satisfaction with Cleveland? That's a pretty weak reason if you ask me. What about when Eli flat out refused to be drafted by the Chargers? Isn't that more selfish than expressing interest in being traded? Seriously, an unproven, unsigend, rookie QB was telling the team drafting him he didn't want to play for them?! That is beyond selfish and dwarfs anything Edwards has done.

The point is this, just because a player at one time or anotherhas a"me-first" attitude it doesn't mean we can't win a superbowl with him (like we did with Eli).

Are there real reasons that Edwards' attitude will stop us from being successful or are people just type-casting him because he is a young, black WR?

[/quote]

After what we've gone through the last two years with Shockey and Burress I think it's perfectly fine to be a leery of any player.

Eli got bashed pretty good - both here and in San Diego for that move. I don't see the need to play the race card.[/quote]

Very well said Roosevelt. Anytime you read Providence's posts you can expect him to play the race card thats what he does. Yawn

[/quote]

Thanks.

He is predictable, I'll give you that.
    [/quote]

Well you taught me something by saying that Roosie, I thought that even though we disagreed you could still see where I was coming from. Oh well, that's false hope for you. My point that you and Sehorn is God and all the other bar-room sociologists can't seem to pick up on was that just because someone is a me-first guy it doesn't mean we can't win with him. My claim was that Giants fans especially know this giving what happened with Eli. Yet, it seems like many on this board overlook that fact with Edwards, and I am curious if that is for any other reasons besides the fact that he is a young, black WR that has been typecasted. That was my post. Instead of hearing an intelligentresponse I got people trying to write me off saying that I was "playing the race card." We should call Braylon "me-first" just like we should call T.O me-first, Eli me-first, and Shockey me-first. But why is it that we seeminglycan'tsee that having a me first guy isn't necessarily bad with the situation with Braylon. I tend to think, based on my experiences with the subtle racism that persists on these boards that it may be due to his skin color.

Whoever said Obama and Bush are the same needs to have their head examined.

[/quote]

Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I do not understand your point of view. But let me ask you, did you do any research on Braylon, or was this purely conjecture on your part? It seems to me you tried to latch on to something that simply wasn't there.

I refuted your "young black WR" point, by reminding you that it would be only natural for Giant fans to have grown tired of this me-first type attitude since the likes of Shockey and Burress. And I further proved you wrong by pointing out that Giant fans in no way limit their bashing to black players, as we saw with Eli and Shockey - and in the past with our SB MVP Phil Simms as well. The truth is performance and attitude are what matters most. Of course you can fixate on skin color if you want. But please don't cry when you're called out on it.

As for the me-first type player - I guess it works as long as they perform at a very high level. Once their performance drops, they're not worth the trouble any longer.

I coach 3 different youth sports. It's amazing (even at this level) how personalties (and parents) can affect your team. As an example, here I have this kid with the size and talent to dominate at center, but I can't get the kid to show up for practice. Or I have a talented kid who shows up but just doesn't take it that seriously. Bottom line is I can't even imagine what it must be like dealing with 53 personalities on a roster.

And lastly, I'll let you in on a little secret about George Bush - he was certainly no conservative. []
    [/quote]

I don't see how you can prove me wrong when all I did was express an opinion, which was, once again, that I don't understand why people are calling Braylon a "me-first guy." Perhaps I jumped to the conclusion that people are calling him that because he is young and black. Nevertheless, is that not a definite possibility, especially considering a lot of the underlying racism that exists on these boards?

I agree that we, as Giants fan, will give heat to everyone not matter their skin color or if they even play for us (ie. the anti-Shockey threads you still seeand the ongoing Braylon threads). Nevertheless, it seems like people were a little quick to call Braylon "me-first."

I didn't call you a racist by the way, or Sehorn is God a racist, I am just making a broader statement about the tone I see on this board all too frequently.

And I will let you in on a secret too, Obama ain't that liberal.

[/quote]

You are officially a jaggoff with this racist nonsense.

As a matter of fact if you are going to call someone a racist because they think Braylon is a selfish player, you should get the hell off these boards. No place for this.

EVER!!

[/quote]

Dude use your head, I am not calling any one person a racist, I am just saying that there are racist undertones that are on this board.

[/quote]

Go Away!

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Providence"][quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="Providence"][quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="Cags"][quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="Providence"]

I don't know how many times I have seen this written in posts on these boards. I am curious how peolpe know this? Is it because he has been vocal about his lack of satisfaction with Cleveland? That's a pretty weak reason if you ask me. What about when Eli flat out refused to be drafted by the Chargers? Isn't that more selfish than expressing interest in being traded? Seriously, an unproven, unsigend, rookie QB was telling the team drafting him he didn't want to play for them?! That is beyond selfish and dwarfs anything Edwards has done.

The point is this, just because a player at one time or anotherhas a"me-first" attitude it doesn't mean we can't win a superbowl with him (like we did with Eli).

Are there real reasons that Edwards' attitude will stop us from being successful or are people just type-casting him because he is a young, black WR?

[/quote]

After what we've gone through the last two years with Shockey and Burress I think it's perfectly fine to be a leery of any player.

Eli got bashed pretty good - both here and in San Diego for that move. I don't see the need to play the race card.[/quote]

Very well said Roosevelt. Anytime you read Providence's posts you can expect him to play the race card thats what he does. Yawn

[/quote]

Thanks.

He is predictable, I'll give you that.
    [/quote]

Well you taught me something by saying that Roosie, I thought that even though we disagreed you could still see where I was coming from. Oh well, that's false hope for you. My point that you and Sehorn is God and all the other bar-room sociologists can't seem to pick up on was that just because someone is a me-first guy it doesn't mean we can't win with him. My claim was that Giants fans especially know this giving what happened with Eli. Yet, it seems like many on this board overlook that fact with Edwards, and I am curious if that is for any other reasons besides the fact that he is a young, black WR that has been typecasted. That was my post. Instead of hearing an intelligentresponse I got people trying to write me off saying that I was "playing the race card." We should call Braylon "me-first" just like we should call T.O me-first, Eli me-first, and Shockey me-first. But why is it that we seeminglycan'tsee that having a me first guy isn't necessarily bad with the situation with Braylon. I tend to think, based on my experiences with the subtle racism that persists on these boards that it may be due to his skin color.

Whoever said Obama and Bush are the same needs to have their head examined.

[/quote]

Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I do not understand your point of view. But let me ask you, did you do any research on Braylon, or was this purely conjecture on your part? It seems to me you tried to latch on to something that simply wasn't there.

I refuted your "young black WR" point, by reminding you that it would be only natural for Giant fans to have grown tired of this me-first type attitude since the likes of Shockey and Burress. And I further proved you wrong by pointing out that Giant fans in no way limit their bashing to black players, as we saw with Eli and Shockey - and in the past with our SB MVP Phil Simms as well. The truth is performance and attitude are what matters most. Of course you can fixate on skin color if you want. But please don't cry when you're called out on it.

As for the me-first type player - I guess it works as long as they perform at a very high level. Once their performance drops, they're not worth the trouble any longer.

I coach 3 different youth sports. It's amazing (even at this level) how personalties (and parents) can affect your team. As an example, here I have this kid with the size and talent to dominate at center, but I can't get the kid to show up for practice. Or I have a talented kid who shows up but just doesn't take it that seriously. Bottom line is I can't even imagine what it must be like dealing with 53 personalities on a roster.

And lastly, I'll let you in on a little secret about George Bush - he was certainly no conservative. []
    [/quote]

I don't see how you can prove me wrong when all I did was express an opinion, which was, once again, that I don't understand why people are calling Braylon a "me-first guy." Perhaps I jumped to the conclusion that people are calling him that because he is young and black. Nevertheless, is that not a definite possibility, especially considering a lot of the underlying racism that exists on these boards?

I agree that we, as Giants fan, will give heat to everyone not matter their skin color or if they even play for us (ie. the anti-Shockey threads you still seeand the ongoing Braylon threads). Nevertheless, it seems like people were a little quick to call Braylon "me-first."

I didn't call you a racist by the way, or Sehorn is God a racist, I am just making a broader statement about the tone I see on this board all too frequently.

And I will let you in on a secret too, Obama ain't that liberal.

[/quote]

Presidents have this tendency to sway towards the center after winning elections.

I have to admit that I haven't followed the Braylon Edwards talk. I did peak in on his website however, and you have to admit that he's just a little bit full of himself.

BTW, I didn't take your comments to mean I or SIG was a racist.

http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Rosie,

I'm just trying to figure out why he thinks his race has anything to do with his selfishness(or lack of). Or why anyone else would.

P.S. This President has done the opposite.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Too political.