+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Justin Tuck Talks About What's Weighed Him Down

A rhetorical question, I don't think anyone was suppose to respond!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    A rhetorical question, I don't think anyone was suppose to respond!
    In a perfect world, maybe
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Justin Tuck Talks About What's Weighed Him Down

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...ighed-him-down

Excerpt: "Justin Tuck is motivated to get back to having a "normal Justin Tuck year."

And the defensive end thinks it's time to block everything out and just play.

The Giants' defensive captain wonders if he has been too preoccupied with always trying to do everything the right way as a leader and player recently and whether that has affected his play. He finished with four sacks last season and has a total of nine sacks in the past two seasons after collecting 11.5 sacks in 2010.

"I played with Antonio (Pierce), Michael Strahan, a lot of guys that showed me the ropes," Tuck said on ESPN New York 98.7 in New Orleans on Thursday. "Every team is different. And it is hard to find that button to push with every team. I think to me, a lot of times you want to be so correct that it weighs you down and I think I’ve allowed that to happen to me the last two years."

Tuck takes his role as a captain seriously and is always concerned about how to lead, when to be vocal and what buttons to push.

"The next chapter for me is just saying I am going to go out and play," Tuck said. "And not worry about what people say and not even worry about the outcome. Let the outcome happen.

"The last couple of years I have tried to make the outcome what I wanted it to be instead of just saying go out there and give 100 percent and whatever happens, don’t have any regrets about it. I am not going to worry about what other people say because I know what I put into this game."

Last December, Pierce said Tuck has not been the same player for a few years now. Pierce, the former Giants defensive captain, won a Super Bowl with Tuck during the 2007 season." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Justin Tuck sounds like a man that is afraid the Giants are going to Draft a Defensive end early. I would like nothing more for him to play like a Pro Bowl player again so that wouldnt be the case. All I hear is excuses from him

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...ighed-him-down

Excerpt: "Justin Tuck is motivated to get back to having a "normal Justin Tuck year."

And the defensive end thinks it's time to block everything out and just play.

The Giants' defensive captain wonders if he has been too preoccupied with always trying to do everything the right way as a leader and player recently and whether that has affected his play. He finished with four sacks last season and has a total of nine sacks in the past two seasons after collecting 11.5 sacks in 2010.

"I played with Antonio (Pierce), Michael Strahan, a lot of guys that showed me the ropes," Tuck said on ESPN New York 98.7 in New Orleans on Thursday. "Every team is different. And it is hard to find that button to push with every team. I think to me, a lot of times you want to be so correct that it weighs you down and I think I’ve allowed that to happen to me the last two years."

Tuck takes his role as a captain seriously and is always concerned about how to lead, when to be vocal and what buttons to push.

"The next chapter for me is just saying I am going to go out and play," Tuck said. "And not worry about what people say and not even worry about the outcome. Let the outcome happen.

"The last couple of years I have tried to make the outcome what I wanted it to be instead of just saying go out there and give 100 percent and whatever happens, don’t have any regrets about it. I am not going to worry about what other people say because I know what I put into this game."

Last December, Pierce said Tuck has not been the same player for a few years now. Pierce, the former Giants defensive captain, won a Super Bowl with Tuck during the 2007 season." Read more...
    what a load of gobblegook!
    Giants fan since '58

Soooooo leadership has "weighed him down"? I would have been more comfortable if he had just said his facemask has gotten too heavy.

I think Justin, like Osi, needs to play better and talk less. As for Tuck's leadership role, I think he's always fallen short.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Justin Tuck sounds like a man that is afraid the Giants are going to Draft a Defensive end early. I would like nothing more for him to play like a Pro Bowl player again so that wouldnt be the case. All I hear is excuses from him
    I have always been a big fan of his not just because he was good but because he led by example. He was always a "shut up and play" guy....until lately. With every word he says I can't help but think the choice for him as a defensive leader was a mistake. Great leaders do not feel burdened by leadership the way it seems Tuck is burdened.

Furthermore, this new microphone lovin' Justin Tuck is not the guy we all loved early in his career. Players age and lose a step, it happens to everyone. But not everyone searched out a microphone to make excuses to. Leaders do not do that.

Is this ground hog day?
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    +1 .... unfortunately.

+ Reply to Thread